This on-demand course begins with an introduction to marketing for the Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) industry, and provides participants with the skills and tools necessary to create a marketing plan, deliver client-focused messaging, and build a pipeline of prospective clients.
Fundamentals of Marketing Bundle
Topics: Marketing / Practice
Length: 6 Hours | What's included: Videos, Readings, Course Workbook, Activities, Certificates of Completion
This course is available to stream!
Participants SHOULD take Module 1: Introduction to Marketing before this course.
In Marketing for Architects, you’ll learn the fundamentals of marketing, business development and networking, and how to apply them directly to your professional service firm. Learn how to create a marketing plan focused on your ideal client and designed to deliver on your business goals. Learn how to communicate your brand’s message and unique value to clients, referrers, and your team. This course presents architects and firm owners with the strategies to set business goals and be successful in their practice.
This on-demand course begins with an introduction to marketing for the Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) industry, and provides participants with the skills and tools necessary to create a marketing plan, deliver client-focused messaging, and build a pipeline of prospective clients. This course has been designed with industry-leading professionals in marketing and business development and is tailored for the AEC industry.
- Tailored course workbook that participants can complete as they take the course
- FREE* first lesson unit
- Flexible learning - pick and choose the modules that you are interested in and go at your own pace
- Content is tailored to architects - find everything you need in one spot
- Feel confident in your marketing plan and practice goals
*Free for RAIC Members
Modules Included in the Fundamentals of Marketing Bundle
Module 2: How to Attract Desired Clients
Summary: In this module, you will learn to create a marketing plan focused on your ideal client. This includes an overview of the core components of a marketing plan, as well as Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and the resulting action plan.
At the end of this module you will be able to:
- Identify practice development objectives, in order to focus marketing efforts on the firm’s goals,
- Identify and prioritize the firm’s ideal target audience,
- Formulate marketing strategies to meet practice development objectives,
- Evaluate marketing options based on the firm’s situation,
- Build an action plan to guide the implementation of the marketing program,
- Define what Key Performance Indicators are and how to use them,
Identify appropriate metrics to measure success.
Module 3: Stand out with Value-Based Marketing
Deliver client-focused messaging on the firm website, on proposals, and across marketing collateral. The topics include points of difference, selling benefits vs services, and accessible language.
At the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Differentiate between client-focused and firm focused marketing
- Differentiate between client-focused and firm focused language
- Analyze the audience’s needs, motivations and sense of value
- Define a firm’s value based on the client’s terms
- Evaluate the effectiveness of value-based marketing examples
Identify opportunities to apply value-based marketing and accessible language
Module 4: Create a Pipeline of Prospective Clients
From website to Search Engine Marketing to social media and newsletters, learn how to nurture leads with quality content and a lead management system.
At the end of this module, you should be able to:
- Identify the tools available to build a pipeline of prospective clients
- Assess what’s involved in building a business development system
- Select the most suitable business development tools
- Oversee the development of a system to create and nurture leads
Predict how messaging should evolve in a turnkey lead generation system
Subject Matter Expert