This course is designed as an introduction to the NBCC Part 3 and Part 9 to support preparation for the Examination for Architects in Canada (ExAC)* exam.
NBCC Part 3 and Part 9 Bundle
Topics: Practice, Building Code
Length: Eight 2-hour learning sessions (16 hours)
What's included: video, quiz, certificates of completion
These webinars are ready to stream!
These courses, taught by Jensen Hughes Consulting Canada Ltd.—the leading name in safety and risk-based science in Canada—will provide a wealth of information in eight 2 hour online learning sessions. Both courses are interactive and designed to be highly engaging for participants. The courses include self-study and sample project applications with interactive Question and Answer periods. The webinar is designed as an introduction to the NBCC Part 3 and Part 9 to support preparation for the Examination for Architects in Canada (ExAC)* exam. Individuals will need to have both volumes of the 2015 NBCC as references for the courses.
At the end of this course the participant/ learner will be able to:
- To apply the requirements of the NBC to the design, construction and occupancy of buildings
- To apply the minimum standards of the NBC to a building governed by Division B Part 3.
- To describe the requirements for achieving design compliance using alternative solutions, as set out in NBCC Division A Subsection 1.2.1 and in Division B Subsection 1.1.2.
- To identify Code objectives and their application
- To identify the proper application of an alternative solution in building design in Canada.
- To be familiarized with the terminology of the NBCC in general and in Part 9
- To interpret and apply the min provisions of the NBC to the design, construction and occupancy of small buildings and houses
- To apply the prescriptive standards and acceptable solutions of NBCC Part 9 related to structural design, materials, health and safety, fire protection and life safety.
- To describe the requirements for achieving design compliance using alternative solutions, as set out in NBC Division A and in Subsection 1.1.2. of Division B of
- To identify Code objectives and functional statements associated with prescriptive requirements
Subject Matter Expert
Available Until: December 31 2022
These are recordings of live sessions.
This webinar is part of a series!
Member: $599.00 | Non-Member: $749.00
- Cancellation/Refund:Your access begins as soon as payment is processed. Please note, a refund is only available if you cancel within 5 business days of your initial order, and you have not accessed any content. An amount equal to *10% of the registration cost will be retained as an administration fee. Should you cancel after 5 business days, your payment is non-refundable. There are no exceptions to the cancellation/refund policy. Webinars and courses are not transferable.
- The RAIC reserves the right to cancel registrations for individuals who sign-up for the wrong category (member or non-member). Please select the correct membership category when registering to avoid interruption of service. Log into your member account to access member pricing. If you have any questions about which category to register for, please contact the RAIC education administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Access RAIC webinars in 3 easy steps:
- REGISTER online through the RAIC Store
- LOG IN to the RAIC Learning Management System (LMS)
- ACCESS courses on your personal Education Dashboard