This on-demand course covers the National Building Code of Canada Part 3, and is designed to aid participants in preparation for the ExAC Exam!
NBCC Part 3 Fire Protection, Occupant Safety and Accessibility
Length: Four 2 Hour videos (8 hours)
What's included: video, quiz, certificates of completion
This on-demand course is available to stream!
The National Building Code of Canada Part 3 is designed to engage the participant in the learning process by organising the course into modules, with self-study and sample project applications with interactive Question and Answers, to check learner knowledge acquisition. At the end of the training, the participant will be able to understand and apply the National Building Code of Canada 2015 Edition (NBCC) Part 3 provisions to new building projects.
At the completion of this on-demand course, participants will be able to:
- Apply the requirements of the NBC to the design, construction and occupancy of buildings
- Apply the minimum standards of the NBC to a building governed by Division B Part 3..
- Describe the requirements for achieving design compliance using alternative solutions, as set out in NBCC Division A Subsection 1.2.1 and in Division B Subsection 1.1.2.
- Identify Code objectives and their application
- Identify the proper application of an alternative solution in building design in Canada.
The learning modules are specific to:
- NBCC code structure and Parts
- Terms and definitions
- Building construction types
- Occupancy classifications and mixed occupancies
- Fire separations and integrity
- Fire resistance determination
- Fire protection systems
- Means of egress arrangements
- Exterior exposure and exterior walls construction
- Special occupancies
- Health and safety provisions
- Accessibility and barrier-free design
- Change of use and alternate solutions
Reference materials for this course, include the 2015 National Building Code of Canada (2015) Volumes 1 and 2 in addition to the training course power point presentation which can be downloaded once registered for the course.
The format for the virtaul training delivery is a combination of:
- Online course delivery by the instructor
- Reading of the reference material
- Online knowledge check exercises
Individuals will need to have both volumes of the 2015 NBCC as references for the courses.
Subject Matter Expert
Benefit from Bundle Pricing:
RAIC Member: $335.00 $285.00 / Non-Members: $419.00 $356
Intern Members: $252.00 $214.00 / Intern Non-Member: $335.00 $285
Student Members: $168.00 $142.50
- The ExAC was developed to test the minimum standards of competency acquired by an Intern during the Internship period, to ensure both public safety and the professional and skilled delivery of architectural services. It is adopted by all the Canadian Licensing Authorities. These webinars are not endorsed by the Committee for the Examination for Architects in Canada.
- Cancellation/Refund:Your access begins as soon as payment is processed. Please note, a refund is only available if you cancel within 5 business days of your initial order, and you have not accessed any content. An amount equal to *10% of the registration cost will be retained as an administration fee. Should you cancel after 5 business days, your payment is non-refundable. There are no exceptions to the cancellation/refund policy. Webinars and courses are not transferable.
- The RAIC reserves the right to cancel registrations for individuals who sign-up for the wrong category (member or non-member). Please select the correct membership category when registering to avoid interruption of service. Log into your member account to access member pricing. If you have any questions about which category to register for, please contact the RAIC education administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Access RAIC webinars in 3 easy steps:
- REGISTER online through the RAIC Store
- LOG IN to the RAIC Learning Management System (LMS)
- ACCESS courses on your personal Education Dashboard