This course is designed as an introduction to the NBCC Part 3 and Part 9 to support preparation for the Examination for Architects in Canada (ExAC)* exam.
NBCC Part 3 and Part 9 Bundle
Topics: Practice, Building Code
Length: Eight 2-hour learning sessions (16 hours)
What's included: video, quiz, certificates of completion
These webinars are ready to stream!
These courses, taught by Jensen Hughes Consulting Canada Ltd.—the leading name in safety and risk-based science in Canada—will provide a wealth of information in eight 2 hour online learning sessions. Both courses are interactive and designed to be highly engaging for participants. The courses include self-study and sample project applications with interactive Question and Answer periods. The webinar is designed as an introduction to the NBCC Part 3 and Part 9 to support preparation for the Examination for Architects in Canada (ExAC)* exam. Individuals will need to have both volumes of the 2015 NBCC as references for the courses.
At the end of this course the participant/ learner will be able to:
- To apply the requirements of the NBC to the design, construction and occupancy of buildings
- To apply the minimum standards of the NBC to a building governed by Division B Part 3.
- To describe the requirements for achieving design compliance using alternative solutions, as set out in NBCC Division A Subsection 1.2.1 and in Division B Subsection 1.1.2.
- To identify Code objectives and their application
- To identify the proper application of an alternative solution in building design in Canada.
- To be familiarized with the terminology of the NBCC in general and in Part 9
- To interpret and apply the min provisions of the NBC to the design, construction and occupancy of small buildings and houses
- To apply the prescriptive standards and acceptable solutions of NBCC Part 9 related to structural design, materials, health and safety, fire protection and life safety.
- To describe the requirements for achieving design compliance using alternative solutions, as set out in NBC Division A and in Subsection 1.1.2. of Division B of
- To identify Code objectives and functional statements associated with prescriptive requirements
These are recordings of live sessions.
This webinar is part of a series!
Member: $599.00 | Non-Member: $749.00