According to the AIA, though half of students in architecture are women, 1 in 5 would discourage their peers to seek a career in the industry. Now more than ever, the call of gender parity is more apparent in Canada. This webinar will explore the barriers and opportunities of gender equity in architecture and ways to close the gap.
Women in architecture and gender parity in the workplace
Webday Wednesday Series
Topics: Practice, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Length: 1 hour l What's included: video, quiz, certificate of completion
This webinar is available to stream!
According to the AIA, though half of students in architecture are women, 1 in 5 would discourage their peers to seek a career in the industry. Now more than ever, the call of gender parity is more apparent in Canada.
Facilitated by Lisa Bate, WorldGBC Chair and Global Sustainability Lead at B+H Architects, and Melissa Mazik, an Architect at B+H Architects, this webinar will explore the barriers and opportunities of gender equity in architecture and ways to close the gap.
The webinar will also discuss the role we all play in supporting diversity and gender parity in the workplace.
At the completion of this session, the participant/learner will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of parity in the industry, how it better serves their clients, and how it helps support innovation and economic growth in Canada;
- Apply their learnings when hiring new talent and developing HR policies to help support diversity in their firms;
- Speak openly about gender parity and diversity in the workplace; and
- Create new ways to promote diverse talent, collaboration and thinking within their work.
Subject Matter Experts
Lisa Bate B.Arch., PP OAA, AAA, AIBC, Int’I Assoc.AIA, FRAIC, F.RESET, PC CaGBC, LEED AP BD+C, ICD.D
B+H Architects l Global Sustainability Lead, Principal
Melissa Mazik M.Arch., MAARch, B.Arch Sci., MRAIC, LEED AP, OAA
B+H Architects l Architect, Associate
Available Until: December 31, 2022
This is a recording of a live event.
webinar is part of a series! See more like this here.
- Cancellation/Refund: Your access begins as soon as payment is processed. Please note, a refund is only available if you cancel within 5 business days of your initial order, and you have not accessed any content. An amount equal to *10% of the registration cost will be retained as an administration fee. Should you cancel after 5 business days, your payment is non-refundable. There are no exceptions to the cancellation/refund policy. Webinars and courses are not transferable.
- The RAIC reserves the right to cancel registrations for individuals who sign-up for the wrong category (member or non-member). Please select the correct membership category when registering to avoid interruption of service. Log into your member account to access member pricing. If you have any questions about which category to register for, please contact the RAIC education administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Access RAIC webinars in 3 easy steps:
- REGISTER online through the RAIC Store
- LOG IN to the RAIC Learning Management System
- ACCESS courses on your personal Education Dashboard