Supporting Ecological Regeneration - Honey Bee Research Centre
This webinar was part of the RAIC 2021 Virtual Conference on Architecture
Topics: Sustainability, Technology and Construction
Length: 1 hour | What's Included: Video, Quiz, and Certificate of Completion
This webinar is available to stream!
In ideas of Ecological Regeneration, we have the capabilities through design to move beyond sustainability and create communities that can support biodiversity, purify more water than they contaminate and sequester more carbon that they emit. This session will explore how design can support biodiversity and concepts of ecological regeneration to create positive impact to reduce climate change. Secondly, it will explore how design can create a true living-laboratory, a user-centric facility that supports education, discovery and community connections through the learning of honeybees and their critical role as pollinators.
At the conclusion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of climate stability for the survival of pollinator animals that support the world’s agricultural system;
- Explain how mass timber and passive design in architecture can significantly reduce embodied and operational carbon emissions to provide healthy and educational learning environments;
- Describe how the integration of architecture and landscape can support long-term ecological regeneration.
Subject Matter Experts
Veronica Madonna ,OAA, MRAIC, M.Arch, B.E.D.S., B.Arch.Sc. / Assistant Professor | Architect , RAIC Centre for Architecture at Athabasca University
Diarmuid Nash, BES, M.Arch., OAA(PP), AIBC, AAA, FRAIC(PP), HON AIA, HON FCARM / Architect | Partner, Moriyama & Teshima Architects
Available Until: December 31, 2022
This is a recording of a live event.
webinar is part of a series! See more like this here.
- Cancellation/Refund: Your access begins as soon as payment is processed. Please note, a refund is only available if you cancel within 5 business days of your initial order, and you have not accessed any content. An amount equal to *10% of the registration cost will be retained as an administration fee. Should you cancel after 5 business days, your payment is non-refundable. There are no exceptions to the cancellation/refund policy. Webinars and courses are not transferable.
- The RAIC reserves the right to cancel registrations for individuals who sign-up for the wrong category (member or non-member). Please select the correct membership category when registering to avoid interruption of service. Log into your member account to access member pricing. If you have any questions about which category to register for, please contact the RAIC education administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Access RAIC webinars in 3 easy steps:
- REGISTER online through the RAIC Store
- LOG IN to the RAIC Learning Management System
- ACCESS courses on your personal Education Dashboard