This on-demand course covers the National Building Code of Canada Part 3, and is designed to aid participants in preparation for the ExAC Exam!
NBCC Part 3 Fire Protection, Occupant Safety and Accessibility
Topics: Building Code
What's Included: *videos, quiz, certificate of completion
*Four 2 hour videos
This on-demand course is available to Stream!
- Apply the requirements of the NBC to the design, construction and occupancy of buildings
- Apply the minimum standards of the NBC to a building governed by Division B Part 3.
- Describe the requirements for achieving design compliance using alternative solutions, as set out in NBCC Division A Subsection 1.2.1 and in Division B Subsection 1.1.2.
- Identify Code objectives and their application
- Identify the proper application of an alternative solution in building design in Canada.
- NBCC code structure and Parts
- Terms and definitions
- Building construction types
- Occupancy classifications and mixed occupancies
- Fire separations and integrity
- Fire resistance determination
- Fire protection systems
- Means of egress arrangements
- Exterior exposure and exterior walls construction
- Special occupancies
- Health and safety provisions
- Accessibility and barrier-free design
- Change of use and alternate solutions
- Online course delivery by the instructor, and
- Reading of the reference material,
- Online knowledge check exercises.
Individuals will need to have both volumes of the 2015 NBCC as references for the courses.
Subject Matter Expert
Amal Tamim, M.Sc. FPE