This product includes RAIC Intern Member pricing.
NBCC Part 3 Fire Protection, Occupant Safety and Accessibility
Date: September 19-20, 2020
Presenter: Amal Tamim, M.Sc. FPE
This is a recording of a live event.
The National Building Code of Canada Part 3 is designed to engage the participant in the learning process by organising the course into modules, with self-study and sample project applications with interactive Question and Answers, to check learner knowledge acquisition. At the end of the training, the participant will be able to understand and apply the National Building Code of Canada 2015 Edition (NBCC) Part 3 provisions to new building projects.
• To apply the requirements of the NBC to the design, construction and occupancy of buildings
• To apply the minimum standards of the NBC to a building governed by Division B Part 3.
• To describe the requirements for achieving design compliance using alternative solutions, as set out in NBCC Division A Subsection 1.2.1 and in Division B Subsection 1.1.2.
• To identify Code objectives and their application
• To identify the proper application of an alternative solution in building design in Canada.
The learning modules are specific to:
• NBCC code structure and Parts
• Terms and definitions
• Building construction types
• Occupancy classifications and mixed occupancies
• Fire separations and integrity
• Fire resistance determination
• Fire protection systems
• Means of egress arrangements
• Exterior exposure and exterior walls construction
• Special occupancies
• Health and safety provisions
• Accessibility and barrier-free design
• Change of use and alternate solutions
Reference materials for this course, include the 2015 National Building Code of Canada (2015) Volumes 1 and 2 in addition to the training course power point presentation which can be downloaded once registered for the course.
The format for the virtual training delivery is a combination of:
- Online course delivery by the instructor, and
- Reading of the reference material,
- Online knowledge check exercises.
Once you have purchased your RAIC online course, please click on the RAIC LMS link in the menu at the top of the page to access your course. You will see your course listed on the dashboard when you sign in. (Please note, if you click on the link and you are not automatically signed in to the RAIC LMS, please click Login and you will be automatically signed in.)
List price: $419.00