Healthy Housing: An Evidence-Based Approach
This webinar was part of the RAIC 2021 Virtual Conference on Architecture
Topics: Health, Saftey and Accessibility
Length: 1 hour | What's Included: Video, Quiz, and Certificate of Completion
This webinar is available to stream!
Current house and multi-unit residential construction utilize legacy designs, systems, and techniques; and have largely remained unchanged despite health and environmental concerns such as IAQ, radiation, pathogens, poisons, toxins, and socio-psychological factors resulting from the construction and occupancy of our homes.The average person spends up to 50% of their day at home, and with the current COVID-19 pandemic and working-from-home we have been spending up to 95% of our days at home.And yet there is no globally accepted definition for Healthy Housing.This session will report on current efforts to define a Healthy House Body-of-Knowledge and Standard.
At the conclusion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify current issues impacting the health and well-being of occupants in Canadian homes;
- Define what is Healthy Housing in the Canadian context;
- Discuss what are the desired principles for a Healthy Housing Body-of-Knowledge (HH-BOK), and what the desired standard for Healthy Housing is;
- Apply Healthy Housing principles and concepts into design, systems and materials selection, and methods of construction of Canadian housing.
Subject Matter Expert
Yew-Thong Leong, OAA, FRAIC, FIIAS / Associate Professor, Ryerson University
Available Until: December 31, 2022
This is a recording of a live event.
webinar is part of a series! See more like this here.
- Cancellation/Refund: Your access begins as soon as payment is processed. Please note, a refund is only available if you cancel within 5 business days of your initial order, and you have not accessed any content. An amount equal to *10% of the registration cost will be retained as an administration fee. Should you cancel after 5 business days, your payment is non-refundable. There are no exceptions to the cancellation/refund policy. Webinars and courses are not transferable.
- The RAIC reserves the right to cancel registrations for individuals who sign-up for the wrong category (member or non-member). Please select the correct membership category when registering to avoid interruption of service. Log into your member account to access member pricing. If you have any questions about which category to register for, please contact the RAIC education administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Access RAIC webinars in 3 easy steps:
- REGISTER online through the RAIC Store
- LOG IN to the RAIC Learning Management System
- ACCESS courses on your personal Education Dashboard