This webinar was part of the RAIC 2021 Virtual Conference on Architecture
Topics: Health, Saftey and Accessibility
Length: 1 hour | What's Included: Video, Quiz, and Certificate of Completion
This webinar is available to stream!
One of the most complex and least understood areas where fire can propagate is at the perimeter of a multi-story building. Not only can fire spread from floor-to-floor via the edge-of-slab/curtain wall intersections but also along the exterior building enclosure where untested, combustible components are often installed. This program outlines best design practices for providing fire protection for building occupants per ASTM E 2307 and ASTM E2874
At the conclusion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Describe the use of vertical fire spread in high rise buildings through use of visuals of actual fire case studies;
- Outline the required code compliance for perimeter fire containment assemblies per the US and Canadian Model Building Codes;
- Identify proper wall design techniques that will help provide fire safety in multi-story wall applications based on common curtain wall construction and special condition detailing;
- Describe the recently published ASTM E 2874 Standard Test Method for Determining the Fire-Test Response Characteristics of a Building Spandrel-Panel Assembly Due to External Spread of Fire for limiting fire spread via the exterior of the curtain wall.
Subject Matter Expert
Available Until: December 31, 2022
This is a recording of a live event.
webinar is part of a series! See more like this here.
- Cancellation/Refund: Your access begins as soon as payment is processed. Please note, a refund is only available if you cancel within 5 business days of your initial order, and you have not accessed any content. An amount equal to *10% of the registration cost will be retained as an administration fee. Should you cancel after 5 business days, your payment is non-refundable. There are no exceptions to the cancellation/refund policy. Webinars and courses are not transferable.
- The RAIC reserves the right to cancel registrations for individuals who sign-up for the wrong category (member or non-member). Please select the correct membership category when registering to avoid interruption of service. Log into your member account to access member pricing. If you have any questions about which category to register for, please contact the RAIC education administrator at email@example.com
Access RAIC webinars in 3 easy steps:
- REGISTER online through the RAIC Store
- LOG IN to the RAIC Learning Management System
- ACCESS courses on your personal Education Dashboard