Every day, architects at all scales of practice must balance between design, which they mostly love and control, and building construction, which they mostly hate because they feel they have neither influence nor control over it. Designing Construction (DC) applies design thinking throughout a project. Developed by Brian Palmquist, DC can start during design but ultimately leaves architects more in control of their design’s execution during construction. After identifying the fundamentals, objectives and elements of construction administration and architectural project management, DC’s four elements will be explored so participants may quickly and efficiently implement DC for their projects.
At the conclusion of this session, participants/ learners will be able to:
- Identify the fundamentals, objectives and elements of construction administration and architectural project management.
- List the four elements of the DC system that manage any scale of project.
- Learn to evaluate your own current management and administration systems and how various client and contractor project management systems may satisfy some but not all of your DC requirements.
- Apply the DC approach to project and quality management to build, optimize and grow your own master DC system for desktop and smartphone.
Subject Matter Expert
Brian Palmquist, Architect AIBC MRAIC BEP LEED AP
Available until: December 31, 2022
This webinar is part of a series. For more like this see here.
- Cancellation/Refund: Your access begins as soon as payment is processed. Please note, a refund is only available if you cancel within 5 business days of your initial order, and you have not accessed any content. An amount equal to *10% of the registration cost will be retained as an administration fee. Should you cancel after 5 business days, your payment is non-refundable. There are no exceptions to the cancellation/refund policy. Webinars and courses are not transferable.
- The RAIC reserves the right to cancel registrations for individuals who sign-up for the wrong category (member or non-member).Please select the correct membership category when registering to avoid interruption of service. Log into your member account to access member pricing. If you have any questions about which category to register for, please contact the RAIC education administrator at email@example.com
Access RAIC webinars in 3 easy steps:
- REGISTER online through the RAIC Store
- LOG IN to the RAIC Learning Management System
- ACCESS courses on your personal Education Dashboard
List price: $100.00