Advanced technology has pushed the boundaries of architecture by supporting increasingly complex designs and ensuring that they can be built at reasonable costs.
Located at the base of the Andes mountains at the edge of Santiago, Chile, the Bahá’í Temple of South America is an expression of technological innovation and architectural excellence. A translucent, circular structure, its nine glass veils frame an open space where up to 600 visitors can be accommodated.
The Temple’s complex design involved experimentation with visualization and solid modeling software traditionally foreign to the architectural industry and explores advanced digital fabrication techniques. These early technological investments facilitated a deeper exploration during the project’s construction to achieve the distinctive design vision.
Led by Hariri Pontarini Architect, Justin Huang Ford, this webinar will demonstrate how advanced technology can be implemented into architecture through a case study of the award-winning Bahá’í Temple of South America.
At the completion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
Available Until: December 31, 2022
- Cancellation/Refund: Your access begins as soon as payment is processed. Please note, a refund is only available if you cancel within 5 business days of your initial order, and you have not accessed any content. An amount equal to *10% of the registration cost will be retained as an administration fee. Should you cancel after 5 business days, your payment is non-refundable. There are no exceptions to the cancellation/refund policy. Webinars and courses are not transferable.
- The RAIC reserves the right to cancel registrations for individuals who sign-up for the wrong category (member or non-member). Please select the correct membership category when registering to avoid interruption of service. Log into your member account to access member pricing. If you have any questions about which category to register for, please contact the RAIC education administrator at email@example.com
- REGISTER online through the RAIC Store
- LOG IN to the RAIC Learning Management System
- ACCESS courses on your personal Education Dashboard