Call for Submissions: October 6, 2022
Dec. 15, 2022 January 12, 2023, 10 pm ET
Terms of Reference
This award is to recognize a Canadian architectural practice that has consistently produced distinguished architecture. The award recognizes the achievements of the practice, considering at least five of the following core areas: quality of architecture; quality of professional services; innovativeness (such as methods and processes related to design, construction and/or practice); contributions to the profession (including professional institutions and/or associations); research and teaching; exemplary approaches to sustainability; support and advancement of equity, diversity and inclusion; and commitment to the future generation of architects through supports such as mentorship, training opportunities and providing a path to licensure.
To be eligible for this award, an architectural practice must have been duly registered for ten (10) or more years with its principal office in Canada.
Submissions will be completed using the online submission platform.
The following items must be completed or provided:
- Completed submission form;
- Submission entry fee;
- A report summarizing the achievements of the practice relating to the core areas identified above, not to exceed fifteen (15) pages.
- A minimum of five (5) letters of support from architects, academics, cultural critics, representatives from the allied arts, building users/clients, and other relevant individuals that provide insights on the practice’s achievements that are not revealed in a simple list of awards and citations;
- A list of the practice’s key architectural projects;
- A description of the practice’s leadership and team structure;
- Relevant background information such as awards, publications, etc.;
- A maximum of 30 representational images;
- A maximum 200-word abstract summarizing the submission, provided in English and/or French;
- A copy of the candidate(s)’ certificate of practice or equivalent;
- A completed image index, providing captions and full credit information for each image;
- A signed declaration form.
Please note the following requirements:
- The Jury must be able to discern the authenticity of the work as having been prepared by the submitter practice either in whole or in part. If in part or in collaboration with other architectural practices, the roles and responsibilities of each collaborator must be clearly and fully described. Credit shall only be taken for the practice’s own work/contributions.
- Portfolios of the practice should include only projects completed by the current practice, and not by predecessor or successor practices. When acquisitions have played a part in the composition of the practice in the past 10 years, this must be noted, and the projects completed by the acquired practices shall be identified.
- Authorship and project credits must be clearly listed for all joint venture projects.
Submissions must be received before 10:00 p.m. ET, Thursday, January 12, 2023. Entrants are solely responsible for timely submissions. This date and time are firm without exceptions.
$500.00 plus applicable taxes.
25% discount for RAIC members ($375.00 plus applicable taxes)
Payment is processed through the online submission platform.
Entries can be submitted either in English or in French.
All entries will be retained by the RAIC for publication, exhibition and archival purposes.
Note: Once you have started the online submission process, you may 'save' and come back at a later date to complete your submission (prior to the submission deadline).
The RAIC Awards Advisory Committee shall appoint a jury each year. The judging process, led by a professional advisor, shall reflect the RAIC’s values throughout. The number of jurors may vary from year to year.
One award will be conferred. At its discretion, the Jury may elect not to confer an award.
The award is to be offered every year.
The Architectural Practice Award will be presented at a public event.
For more information
Tel: (613) 241-3600 x 2015