Glass dominated façades are a growing trend that bring focus to thermal inconvenience, a major issue with these envelopes. In this webinar we will examine increasing façade transparency interests, interiors’ space dynamics, and management strategies for healthy skins’ performance.
Thermal Comfort in Glass Envelopes
Topics: Advanced Technologies
Length: 1 hour l What's included: video, quiz, certificate of completion
Available February 17 - Pre-register for the webinar today and be notified when content is ready to stream!
Design principles remain to be guided by the environmental conditions and are the main shapers for thermal comfort, however, glass envelopes are continuing to evolve. We must question why we balance between indoor thermal characteristic and outdoor climates through properties of skins. These are influenced by loads, materials, regulations and finances. Thermal comfort is a major indicator for buildings’ failure or success, as this affects the occupant’s wellness and productivity.
Glass dominated façades are a growing trend that bring focus to thermal inconvenience, a major issue with these envelopes. Extreme cold exteriors, indoor space dynamics, public demand and political strategy endorse true façades performance recognition.
Considering current guidelines; do our enclosures fit aimed objectives? How is Thermal Comfort defined, regulated, and perceived? Should we consider non-code initiatives? In this webinar we will examine increasing façade transparency interests, interiors’ space dynamics, and management strategies for healthy skins’ performance.
At the conclusion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Distinguish Thermal Comfort criterion, related perception, and apprehend Codes and standards.
- Perceive the building envelope as environmental connector/separator.
- Capture glass façade components and how to balance aesthetics and performance expectations to improve thermal comfort.
- Practice building physics’ integrated glass design approach.
Subject Matter Expert:
Ehab Naim Ibrahim
B.Arch, MRAIC, BSS®, LEED® AP, CPHD
Ehab focuses on envelopes improvements, developing innovative solution, and establishing non-traditional concepts. He started with Gamma NA 2019 after 25 years with WSP and other Canadian and German consulting and formal architectural firms. Ehab serves as the president of The Ontario Building Envelope Council, and is a frequent guest lecturer, design studio workshop assistant, and critic at the University of Toronto school of Architecture 2nd year master’s program.
Corporate Sponsor Master Builders Solutions
Buy 5 webinars and save 10% on your order!
Buy 10 webinars and save 25% on your order!
This webinar is part of a series! See more like this here.
- Cancellation/Refund: Your access begins as soon as payment is processed. Please note, a refund is only available if you cancel within 5 business days of your initial order, and you have not accessed any content. An amount equal to *10% of the registration cost will be retained as an administration fee. Should you cancel after 5 business days, your payment is non-refundable. There are no exceptions to the cancellation/refund policy. Webinars and courses are not transferable.
- The RAIC reserves the right to cancel registrations for individuals who sign-up for the wrong category (member or non-member). Please select the correct membership category when registering to avoid interruption of service. Log into your member account to access member pricing. If you have any questions about which category to register for, please contact the RAIC education administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- REGISTER online through the RAIC Store
- LOG IN to the RAIC Learning Management System
- ACCESS courses on your personal Education Dashboard