Explore the steps we can make as designers to increase the thermal performance of any building, regardless of budget. This webinar will present examples from the Calgary Cancer Centre, a world-class health-care facility and academic centre built in a public/private partnership led by PCL Construction l DIALOG + Stantec.
Technical Detailing for High Performance Buildings
Topics: Building Science / Building Envelope
Length: 1 hour
What's included: video, quiz, certificate of completion
Available February 10 - Pre-register for the webinar today and be notified when content is ready to stream!
Subject matter experts, Jason D'Altroy and Jacquie Leslie, will be discussing technical detailing for high-performance buildings using case study examples from the Calgary Cancer Centre, a 1.4-billion-dollar world-class health-care facility and academic centre for the provision of cancer services in southern Alberta.
This building is a public/private partnership led by PCL Construction l DIALOG + Stantec, and includes design assist from the general contractor, subcontractors, and Specialty Building Envelope consultants.
The webinar will demonstrate the steps we can make as designers, to increase the thermal performance of any building, regardless of budget. In hospitals, with immuno-compromised patients, any level of mold or mildew— due tocondensation from a poor building envelope— is an unacceptable risk, so it is paramount that these details are carefully considered.
At the conclusion of this session, participants will be able to
- Differentiate between standard and high-performance details
- Identify where certain materials are placed to minimize thermal bridging
- Apply materials that are highly conducive to thermal bridging
- Identify potential compatibility issues between certain materials
Member: $50 / Non-Member: $75
Purchase as part of 5-pack webinar and save 10% on your order by applying the code:
Purchase as part of 10-pack webinar and save 25% on your order by applying the code:
This webinar is part of a series! See more like this here.
- Cancellation/Refund:Your access begins as soon as payment is processed. Please note, a refund is only available if you cancel within 5 business days of your initial order, and you have not accessed any content. An amount equal to *10% of the registration cost will be retained as an administration fee. Should you cancel after 5 business days, your payment is non-refundable. There are no exceptions to the cancellation/refund policy. Webinars and courses are not transferable.
- The RAIC reserves the right to cancel registrations for individuals who sign-up for the wrong category (member or non-member). Please select the correct membership category when registering to avoid interruption of service. Log into your member account to access member pricing. If you have any questions about which category to register for, please contact the RAIC education administrator at email@example.com
Access RAIC webinars in 3 easy steps:
- REGISTER online through the RAIC Store
- LOG IN to the RAIC Learning Management System (LMS)
- ACCESS courses on your personal Education Dashboard