Explore the required changes coming for high-performance, ultra low-energy building through case studies of large PH buildings.
Leading the Change Towards Ultra Low-Energy and Passive House Buildings
Length: 1 hour l What's included: video, quiz, certificate of completion
High-performance, ultra low-energy buildings are coming to national and provincial codes, with Passive House buildings required in Vancouver and Toronto by 2030. Low-energy new-build and retrofits are key to meet our GHG emission targets and build climate change resiliency. Canadian practices will become leaders in this effort.
The design process for high performance buildings is fundamentally different and will take some adjustment. Required changes will be explored through case studies of large PH buildings (student residences, residential towers). Insights will equip Canadian practices with tools to integrate high performance into their core work and be ready for the future.
At the conclusion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Explain the role of ultra low-energy buildings (including Passive House) in meeting provincial and national climate change policy and objectives.
- Highlight the shift in design process required to deliver ultra low-energy (and Passive House) buildings, with the necessity of an integrated, energy budgeting design process
- Describe new design performance metrics, the necessity of energy budget concepts, and how they can drive and inform design.
- List and explain additional reasons why we should focus on delivering ultra low-energy buildings to meet key future goals.
Subject Matter Expert
Marine Sanchez, C.Eng., CPHD, PHI-accredited Certifier
Passive House Specialist
RDH Building Science Inc.
- Cancellation/Refund: Your access begins as soon as payment is processed. Please note, a refund is only available if you cancel within 5 business days of your initial order, and you have not accessed any content. An amount equal to *10% of the registration cost will be retained as an administration fee. Should you cancel after 5 business days, your payment is non-refundable. There are no exceptions to the cancellation/refund policy. Webinars and courses are not transferable.
- The RAIC reserves the right to cancel registrations for individuals who sign-up for the wrong category (member or non-member). Please select the correct membership category when registering to avoid interruption of service. Log into your member account to access member pricing. If you have any questions about which category to register for, please contact the RAIC education administrator at email@example.com
- REGISTER online through the RAIC Store
- LOG IN to the RAIC Learning Management System
- ACCESS courses on your personal Education Dashboard