Explore current and future trends through global project examples with a clear mandate to further maximize density in social, spatial, and programmatic ways that lead to wellness in all its forms.
Comprehensive Density for Community Space
Topics: Urbanism / Design
Length: 1 hour | What's Included: Video, Quiz, and Certificate of Completion
This webinar is available to stream!
How can we design dense, vibrant, and healthy ‘Community Space’? The notion of ‘Comprehensive Density’ refers to community facilities that blend overlapping layers of wellness and identify amongst public realm components. These spaces are dense, interwoven, and often vertically arranged forms with the intent of maximizing benefit and the user experience, now and into the future. Learn about recent history and density convergence of community recreation and campus centres. Explore current and future trends through global project examples with a clear mandate to further maximize density in social, spatial, and programmatic ways that lead to wellness in all its forms.
At the conclusion of this session, participants will be able to:
- See approaches for programmatic density for new builds or renovations to achieve greater wellness, user satisfaction and program delivery.
- Learn of emerging concepts in sustainability and systems integration to plan for facilities that meet approaching challenges of Net Energy, Resiliency, Carbon Neutrality, and Mass Timber Design.
- Explain how a dense and diverse Community or Campus Hubs can foster identity, inclusivity and removal of barriers to participation.
- Identify opportunities through project examples of how to leverage the development of innovative social, programming and technical concepts.
Subject Matter Expert:
Ted Watson, OAA ARCHITECT AIBC AAA NSAA Int'l. Assoc. AIA FRAIC LEED AP | Partner, and Architect, MJMA
Available Until: December 31, 2022
- Cancellation/Refund: Your access begins as soon as payment is processed. Please note, a refund is only available if you cancel within 5 business days of your initial order, and you have not accessed any content. An amount equal to *10% of the registration cost will be retained as an administration fee. Should you cancel after 5 business days, your payment is non-refundable. There are no exceptions to the cancellation/refund policy. Webinars and courses are not transferable.
- The RAIC reserves the right to cancel registrations for individuals who sign-up for the wrong category (member or non-member). Please select the correct membership category when registering to avoid interruption of service. Log into your member account to access member pricing. If you have any questions about which category to register for, please contact the RAIC education administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- REGISTER online through the RAIC Store
- LOG IN to the RAIC Learning Management System
- ACCESS courses on your personal Education Dashboard