Call for Submissions: October 6, 2022
Dec. 15, 2022 January 12, 2023, 10 pm ET
Terms of Reference
This award is to recognize an emerging Canadian architectural practice that shows exceptional promise for contributing significantly to the future of architecture. The award recognizes the early career achievements of the practice and considers: quality of architecture; innovativeness (such as in methods and processes related to design, construction and practice, exemplary approaches to research and teaching, sustainability, or the support and advancement of equity, diversity and inclusion); and current—as well as potential for future—leadership within the profession.
To be eligible for this award, an architectural practice must have been duly registered for fewer than ten (10) years (including the period of time in which any predecessor firm(s) were active), with its principal office in Canada.
Submissions will be completed using the online submission platform.
The following items must be completed or provided:
- Completed submission form;
- Submission entry fee;
- A report summarizing the achievements of the practice relating to the core topics identified above, not to exceed ten (10) pages;
- A minimum of three (3) letters of support from mentors, collaborators, building users/clients, and other relevant individuals that provide insight on the practice’s achievements and capabilities
- A list of the practice’s key architectural projects covering a period of at least three (3) years;
- A description of the practice’s leadership and team structure, if applicable;
- Relevant background information such as awards, publications, etc.
- A maximum of 20 representative images, illustrating the firm’s work over a period of at least three (3) years;
- A maximum 200-word abstract summarizing the submission, provided in English and/or French;
- A copy of the candidate(s)’ certificate of practice or equivalent;
- A completed image index, providing captions and full credit information for each image;
- A signed declaration form.
Please note the following requirements:
- The Jury must be able to discern the authenticity of the work as having been prepared by the submitter practice either in whole or in part. If in part, or in collaboration with other architectural practices, the roles and responsibilities of each collaborator must be clearly and fully described.
- Credit shall only be taken for the Emerging Architectural Practice’s own work/contributions. If work is included that was completed by the founder(s) of the Emerging Architectural Practice while in the employ of another architect, or as part of a predecessor or successor practice, it must be clearly identified as such.
- Authorship and project credits must be clearly listed for all joint venture projects.
Submissions must be received before 10: 00 p.m. EST, Thursday, January 12, 2023. Entrants are solely responsible for timely submissions. This date and time are firm without exceptions.
$200.00 plus applicable taxes.
25% discount for RAIC members ($150.00 plus applicable taxes)
Payment is processed through the online submission platform.
Entries can be submitted either in English or in French.
All entries will be retained by the RAIC for publication, exhibition and archival purposes.
Note: Once you have started the online submission process, you may 'save' and come back at a later date to complete your submission (prior to the submission deadline).
The RAIC Awards Advisory Committee shall appoint a jury each year. The judging process, led by a professional advisor, shall reflect the RAIC’s values throughout. The number of jurors may vary from year to year.
Up to two (2) awards may be conferred. At its discretion, the Jury may elect not to confer an award.
The award(s) are to be offered every year.
The Emerging Architectural Practice Award(s) will be presented at a public event.
For more information
Tel: (613) 241-3600 x 2015