The College of Fellows Centennial Fund for Interns or Intern Architects was created with donations received from Members of the College of Fellows and Members of the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada to support a deserving Intern or Intern Architect or group of Interns/ Intern Architects wishing to promote the value and image of the profession.
- Any RAIC member who is an Intern or Intern Architect registered with a provincial/territorial association at the time of the submission deadline is eligible.
- A team of interns, of which at least one is a RAIC member, can submit a group proposal.
The Jury will consider the following:
- An Intern/Intern Architect whose personal work has demonstrated excellence in design, or in the practice of architecture and who has made significant contributions to the quality of architecture; or
- An Intern/Intern Architect whose work related to architecture has demonstrated excellence in research or education.
- An Intern/Intern Architect who has shown leadership and who has made significant contributions to the profession at an early stage of their architectural career.
Each submission must be submitted through the online submission platform and shall contain the following:
- a summary, not to exceed two pages, of why the applicant(s) is deserving of the scholarship
- illustrations or descriptions of design work, research undertaken or any other contributions to the profession;
- a brief biography (max. 2 pages for each individual or group member) - if the submission is for a team, each team member shall submit his/her biography;
- three to five letters of support by those familiar with the quality of the Intern architect’s work or service (or Intern team if applicable). The letters must set out specific reasons for support.
- Summary description of the project proposal (objectives and methodology) – (Maximum 3 pages) – Include a clear description of the final product, who will be the beneficiary (audience) and how it will contribute to promoting the profession to the general public.
A cheque in the amount of $5,000 for the RAIC Intern / Intern Architect Fund Award will be presented.
The award recipient shall be required to submit one copy of their final product to the RAIC Foundation within 12 months of the award and provide permission to upload to its website.
Number of Awards
One award will be conferred per year, subject to the amount of interest earned resulting from the endowment. At its discretion, the jury may elect not to confer an award.
For more information
Tel: (613) 241-3600 x 2015