Document Six 2018 Edition
Document Six, 2018 Edition, revised 2020-09, replaces Document Six, 2006 and 2017 (now obsolete).
The complete package includes the following:
- cover, table of contents, agreement form, definitions, and general conditions in a combined PDF fillable format;
- agreement form in MS Word format
- 3 schedules for services, reimbursable expenses, and time-based rates in MS Word format;
- 5 supplemental schedules for services for project with a defined or narrowed scope in MS Word format;
- the comprehensive Guide in PDF format;
The cover, table of content, agreement form, definitions, and general conditions are available in PDF format with fillable form fields. The agreement portion of the PDF form is also provided as an MS Word document. However, users are advised NOT TO CHANGE the text of the agreement form. The MS Word version is provided to allow users to expand form fields as necessary.
If changes to the Agreement Form, Definitions, or General Conditions of an RAIC Standard Form of Contract are required, this should be done using Supplemental Conditions. Adding Supplemental Conditions is an acceptable way to adjust the responsibilities of both parties to address project specific conditions. For example, Supplemental Conditions may describe the need for security clearances or background verifications to work in some facilities. Supplemental Conditions should not be used to change the fundamental responsibilities of either party or transfer risk to a party that cannot manage that risk.
The most practical way to modify the contract is to cross out the appropriate section and make a note referencing the Supplemental Condition that replaces the crossed-out section.