This is a recording of a live virual event
RAIC Edmonton Network Presents: Equity + Zoning
Topics: Equity, Zoning
Length: 1 hour | What's included: video, quiz, certificate of completion
This webinar is available to stream!
Edmonton’s zoning makeover is an opportunity for equity
Advancing equity is a journey that requires constant research, reflection, sharing, and evaluation. The process is often just as important as the outcome, and through looking at the results of equity work, we sometimes neglect how the journey itself contributes to a more inclusive and compassionate society. How can land use regulations be written to support equitable outcomes? Hear from Dr. Sandeep Agrawal, Jason Syvixay, Felipe Canavera and Livia Balone, who will highlight how Edmonton's Zoning Bylaw Renewal Initiative has prioritized new ways of listening and learning — amplifying underrepresented voices and stakeholders often excluded from the conversation — and new tools from a GBA+ and Equity Toolkit to podcasts and engagement, to help consider and address equity during the regulation writing process.
- Participants will be able to summarize the City of Edmonton’s approach to advance equity in zoning;
- Participants will be able to explain the requirements of zoning and the role of architecture and design in supporting and furthering equity;
- Participants will be able to describe how development regulations contribute to inequity;
- Participants will be able to articulate why city builders of all backgrounds should reflect on their privilege, assumptions, and the biases in their work, and work towards meaningful action;
- Participants will be able to define what relationship-building with underrepresented and marginalized groups entails.
Subject Matter Experts:
RAIC Member: FREE / Non-member: $25.00
- Cancellation/Refund: Your access begins as soon as payment is processed. Please note, a refund is only available if you cancel within 5 business days of your initial order, and you have not accessed any content. An amount equal to *10% of the registration cost will be retained as an administration fee. Should you cancel after 5 business days, your payment is non-refundable. There are no exceptions to the cancellation/refund policy. Webinars and courses are not transferable.
- The RAIC reserves the right to cancel registrations for individuals who sign-up for the wrong category (member or non-member). Please select the correct membership category when registering to avoid interruption of service. Log into your member account to access member pricing. If you have any questions about which category to register for, please contact the RAIC education administrator at email@example.com
- REGISTER online through the RAIC Store
- LOG IN to the RAIC Learning Management System
- ACCESS courses on your personal Education Dashboard