Baird Sampson Neuert architects and Transsolar KlimaEngineering present a case study of the Rob and Cheryl McEwen Graduate Study and Research Building at York University.
Integrated hybrid systems: A case study of low energy building design.
Length: 1 hour l What's included: video, quiz, certificate of completion
Baird Sampson Neuert architects and Transsolar KlimaEngineering will present a case study of the Rob and Cheryl McEwen Graduate Study and Research Building at York University. Including a building wide intelligent natural ventilation system driven by one of the largest solar chimneys in Canada, the project integrates climate responsive passive and low energy active systems in a highly efficient ‘hybrid’ approach. The facility operates with a very low energy use intensity, significantly reduced carbon emissions, and creates a healthy and comfortable interior environment for occupants, which is an increasingly important aspect of public health.
At the conclusion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Define, as architects, what it means to integrate climate responsive hybrid active/passive environmental systems for buildings to minimize energy use intensity and improve occupant comfort.
- Outline the role of owners, operators and occupants in the design and successful operation of high performance hybrid building systems.
- Identify and address challenges to the development of hybrid building systems including solutions to typical engineering challenges.
- Integrate architectural solutions with engineering and building automation systems to achieve functional multi-modal hybrid environmental system design.
Subject Matter Experts
Jesse Dormody, OAA, MRAIC, LEED AP
Senior Associate, Baird Sampson Neuert Architects
Erik Olsen, PE
Managing Partner, Transsolar KlimaEngineering, NY
- Cancellation/Refund: Your access begins as soon as payment is processed. Please note, a refund is only available if you cancel within 5 business days of your initial order, and you have not accessed any content. An amount equal to *10% of the registration cost will be retained as an administration fee. Should you cancel after 5 business days, your payment is non-refundable. There are no exceptions to the cancellation/refund policy. Webinars and courses are not transferable.
- The RAIC reserves the right to cancel registrations for individuals who sign-up for the wrong category (member or non-member). Please select the correct membership category when registering to avoid interruption of service. Log into your member account to access member pricing. If you have any questions about which category to register for, please contact the RAIC education administrator at email@example.com
- REGISTER online through the RAIC Store
- LOG IN to the RAIC Learning Management System
- ACCESS courses on your personal Education Dashboard