This webinar will the impacts of autonomous, networked, shared, and electrified vehicles on architecture and urban design.
Designing for Future Mobility: Developing a Framework for the Livable Future City
Topics: Ubranism, Practice
Length: 1 hour l What's Inlcluded: video, quiz, certificate of completion
We are experiencing today a technologically-driven shift in urban mobility that is transforming the way we move, and live, in cities. This presentation and discussion will address the impacts of autonomous, networked, shared, and electrified vehicles on architecture and urban design.
Attendees will learn about rapid changes in urban mobility and how to apply a values-based approach that supports sustainable, equitable, and people-first communities. A series of principles and present-day design opportunities, informed by this research, will empower designers to make informed decisions that anticipate future disruptions while shaping a more livable and sustainable future city.
At the conclusion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Recognize technologically-driven shifts in mobility and how these trends will affect the built environment.
- Identify connections between the emerging ways we move around cities and the impact on the quality of physical and social communities
- Apply future mobility principles as a lens for evaluating design and planning decisions.
- Implement present-day design opportunities, informed by research, into urban and architectural design projects which support livable city goals.
Subject Matter Expert
Aaron Knorr, AAA, LEED AP
Senior Associate, Perkins and Will
- Cancellation/Refund: Your access begins as soon as payment is processed. Please note, a refund is only available if you cancel within 5 business days of your initial order, and you have not accessed any content. An amount equal to *10% of the registration cost will be retained as an administration fee. Should you cancel after 5 business days, your payment is non-refundable. There are no exceptions to the cancellation/refund policy. Webinars and courses are not transferable.
- The RAIC reserves the right to cancel registrations for individuals who sign-up for the wrong category (member or non-member). Please select the correct membership category when registering to avoid interruption of service. Log into your member account to access member pricing. If you have any questions about which category to register for, please contact the RAIC education administrator at email@example.com
- REGISTER online through the RAIC Store
- LOG IN to the RAIC Learning Management System
- ACCESS courses on your personal Education Dashboard