Call for Submissions: October 11, 2023
Submission Deadline: January 11, 2024, 10 pm ET
Terms of Reference
This award recognizes an architect, architectural practice or individual that presents a narrative about architecture which promotes public understanding and awareness of architecture, the role of architects and their impacts on society, and/or the value of design and design excellence. The entry can range from a single significant contribution to a collection of work.
Any individual or collective of individuals is eligible for this award. Entries shall include, but are not limited to, their work on books, films, exhibitions, and curated events presented or published within the past five years. They may also include a series of shorter pieces that together comprise a collection of work, such as a series of articles, videos, podcasts, radio or television segments, etc.
Submissions will be completed using the online submission platform.
The following items must be completed or provided:
- Completed submission form;
- Submission entry fee;
- A representative excerpt of the work for review by the jury, not to exceed 20 minutes in length (for audio or video), or 20 pages (for written material);
- A digital copy or link to the work in its entirety, to serve as a reference for the jury (if applicable/available);
- A maximum three-page written statement, explaining the significance and impact of the submission;
- A maximum 200-word abstract summarizing the submission, provided in English and/or French (Please note, if providing only one language for the abstract, the RAIC will translate it using DeepL software, available online. The RAIC cannot guarantee the nuances of the text will be captured. If this is important, please consider submitting the text in both languages);
- A signed declaration form.
Submissions must be received before 10:00 p.m. ET, Thursday, January 11, 2024. Entrants are solely responsible for timely submissions. This date and time are firm without exceptions.
$200.00 plus applicable taxes.
25% discount for RAIC members ($150.00 plus applicable taxes)
Payment is processed through the online submission platform.
Entries can be submitted either in English or in French.
All entries will be retained by the RAIC for publication, exhibition and archival purposes.
Note: Once you have started the online submission process, you may 'save' and come back at a later date to complete your submission (prior to the submission deadline).
The RAIC Awards Advisory Committee shall appoint a jury each year. The judging process, led by a professional advisor, shall reflect the RAIC’s values throughout. The number of jurors may vary from year to year.
Up to two (2) awards may be conferred. At its discretion, the Jury may elect not to confer an award.
The award(s) are to be offered every year.
The presentation of the award(s) will be made at a public event, if feasible.
For more information
Tel: (613) 241-3600 x 2015