Call for Submissions: October 11, 2023
Submission Deadline: January 11, 2024, 10 pm ET
Terms of Reference
This award celebrates an individual, or collective of individuals, who has acted as a public champion for the advancement of Canadian architecture through their advocacy, patronage, and/or other forms of support. Candidates may include clients or patrons, educators, public servants, architects, allied professionals and others. It considers exemplary approaches to sustainability, as well as the support and advancement of equity, diversity, and inclusion. The award recognizes long-term commitment to the profession at an international, national, regional or local level.
Any individual or collective of individuals is eligible for this award.
Nominations can be made by one or more members in good standing of the RAIC. Previous nominees may be re-nominated.
Submissions will be completed using the online submission platform.
The following must be completed or provided:
- A nomination form signed by the nominator;
- A current résumé of the nominee(s);
- A maximum three-page report summarizing the activities of the individual, demonstrating their ongoing advocacy for architects and/or architecture;
- A minimum of three letters of support from architects, academics, cultural critics, and/or others familiar with the nominee’s work specific to this nomination;
- A maximum 200-word abstract summarizing the submission, provided in English and/or French (Please note, if providing only one language for the abstract, the RAIC will translate it using DeepL software, available online. The RAIC cannot guarantee the nuances of the text will be captured. If this is important, please consider submitting the text in both languages);
- Relevant supporting material, such as awards, publications, etc., and up to ten images (optional);
- A completed image index, providing captions and full credit information for each image (if applicable).
Submissions must be received before 10:00 p.m. ET, Thursday, January 11, 2024. Entrants are solely responsible for timely submissions. This date and time are firm without exceptions.
Entries can be submitted either in English or in French.
All entries will be retained by the RAIC for publication, exhibition and archival purposes.
Note: Once you have started the online submission process, you may 'save' and come back at a later date to complete your submission (prior to the submission deadline).
The RAIC Awards Advisory Committee shall appoint a jury each year. The judging process, led by a professional advisor, shall reflect the RAIC’s values throughout. The number of jurors may vary from year to year.
One award will be conferred. At its discretion, the jury may elect not to confer an award.
The award is to be offered every year.
The RAIC Advocate for Architecture Award will be presented at a public event.
For more information
Tel: (613) 241-3600 x 2015