Introduction to the Standards and Guidelines for the Conservation of Historic Places in Canada
Topics: Heritage and Conservation / Practice
Length: 3 hours | What's Included: a 3-Part online, on-demand course, Quizzes, and a Certificate of Completion
The RAIC, in partnership with Parks Canada Agency, is offering a new online course on Heritage Conservation in Canada. The course offers exclusive lessons on the principles of the Standards and Guidelines for the Conservation of Historic Places in Canada by using built heritage sites managed by Parks Canada as learning tools.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize heritage values and the character-defining elements of historic places
- Explain the Conservation Decision Making Process
- Locate relevant resources for information on heritage value and designations.
- Distinguish between the conservation treatments of preservation, restoration, rehabilitation
- Interpret which Standards and Guidelines apply to a given conservation project
Available in French and English
This RAIC online course is part of a series! See more like this here.
Access RAIC webinars in 3 easy steps:
REGISTER online through the RAIC Store
LOG IN to the RAIC Learning Management System
ACCESS courses on your personal Education Dashboard
For more information watch the RAIC Learning Management System video. If you need assistance, please contact the RAIC education administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.