Restoring the World Heritage of Frank Lloyd Wright: Unity Temple, Robie House and Taliesin West
This webinar was part of the RAIC 2021 Virtual Conference on Architecture
Topics: History, Heritage and Culture
Length: 1 hour | What's Included: Video, Quiz, and Certificate of Completion
This webinar is available to stream!
In 2019 “The 20th Century Architecture of Frank Lloyd Wright” was inscribed as World Heritage. Two of the eight sites, Unity Temple and Robie House, were recently meticulously restored to their original condition and a third, Taliesin West, was the subject of a Preservation Master Plan and ADA Study. All three sites required in-depth project preparation in the form of research, forensic investigations, mockups and planning. This session will present a richly illustrated discussion of these three projects.
At the conclusion of this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify the work of Frank Lloyd Wright's century world heritage;
- Describe the differences between cast in place concrete and shotcrete;
- Identify when it is necessary to use a specialized architectural conservator;
- Recognize the importance of multiple mock up trials to create appropriate conservation treatments.
Subject Matter Expert
Thomas "Gunny" Harboe, FAIA, F.US/ICOMOS, NCARB, MArc / President, Architect, Harboe Architects
Available Until: December 31, 2022
This is a recording of a live event.
webinar is part of a series! See more like this here.
- Cancellation/Refund: Your access begins as soon as payment is processed. Please note, a refund is only available if you cancel within 5 business days of your initial order, and you have not accessed any content. An amount equal to *10% of the registration cost will be retained as an administration fee. Should you cancel after 5 business days, your payment is non-refundable. There are no exceptions to the cancellation/refund policy. Webinars and courses are not transferable.
- The RAIC reserves the right to cancel registrations for individuals who sign-up for the wrong category (member or non-member). Please select the correct membership category when registering to avoid interruption of service. Log into your member account to access member pricing. If you have any questions about which category to register for, please contact the RAIC education administrator at email@example.com
Access RAIC webinars in 3 easy steps:
- REGISTER online through the RAIC Store
- LOG IN to the RAIC Learning Management System
- ACCESS courses on your personal Education Dashboard