LOCATION: VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA
ROLE: PERMANENT, FULL-TIME
The Architect will be a member of the professional services team and provide value by increasing knowledgeable buyer capacity during the development of the building management plan as well as by supporting project delivery services during project initiation. The architect will work on various projects within a versatile team where all abilities are put to good use.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of building architectural systems in existing facilities including building envelope, space use, material selections, code compliance and life safety systems.
• Work with multi-disciplinary team of facility management professionals and technicians to develop short and long-term capital planning for existing facilities.
• Support Project Delivery Services during project initiation and planning by reviewing material, cost and timing, estimates and reports related to building architectural systems in existing facilities including building envelope, space use, material selections, code compliance and life safety systems for proposed renovation projects.
• Review statements of work for architectural consulting services.
• As required, review and provide feedback regarding investment analysis reports.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma in architecture;
• Minimum of seven (7) years in architecture;
• Must have a well-rounded background in existing building repair and renovation architectural design and construction;
• Strong understanding of the engineering environment in architecture sector;
• Strong building envelope and building science knowledge considered an asset;
• Working knowledge of the National Building Code;
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision;
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to manage competing priorities in fast paced environment.
• Ability to work on several projects concurrently;
• Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team environment;
• Able to monitor costs, including control of project schedules;
• Excellent communication skills in both official languages considered an asset;
• Proficient with MS Office suite;
• Maintain effective working relationships with clients, staff, and other employees;
• Strong organization skills.
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Prior customer interface experience;
• Highly meticulous nature, strong attention to detail;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Proficiency with computer Tools.
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
Member of a professional engineering association considered an asset;
Inspire change for a more sustainable future...
If this role is of interest, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by 11:59 p.m. on September 6, 2019.
Also, please apply directly to the job posting:
While we thank all candidates for their expressed interest in this role, we will only be contacting candidates who will be selected for an interview.