The health, safety, and well-being of our staff, instructors and participants is very important to the RAIC. As such, the RAIC is working diligently to transition all Continuing Education events and offerings from now until May 30, 2020 to virtual platforms.
Updates will be provided directly to participants of any in-person activities taking place up until May 30, 2020 as soon as possible via e-mail and raic.org/continuingeducation.
For questions related to Continuing Education, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Master the skills needed to lead your firm, design teams, and integrated projects. Take the RAIC’s custom-designed intermediate-level course designed for mid-career architects striving to become managers, supervisors, and team leads.
June 12 - 13 - More Informaiton
This course is offered in English only.
RAIC’s Leadership for Architects
Who should take this course:
- Interior designers
- Project managers
Applicable streams of leadership for this course:
- Design team leadership
- Practice or firm leadership
- Integrated project delivery leadership
Leadership for Architects is part of the RAIC’s “...for Architects” series—which encourages the success of professionals in design and construction. If you’ve taken Financial Management or Project Management for Architects, then Leadership for Architects will further enhance the skills gained.
Build confident firms and reach new levels of success with your team with this highly interactive course. By the end of this two-day course, you will be able to communicate your firm’s value to clients, deliver projects more efficiently, and increase the overall productivity of your team.
Leadership for Architects equips you with a personalized action plan that you can apply to the project, team, or firm you are leading.
Why Leadership for Architects?
- Reinvigorate the profile and voice of the architect as part of design and construction teams
- Discover how your leadership style and values can specifically impact projects
- Learn the techniques needed to bring projects, people, and businesses to success
Tools You Will Finish the Course With
Following the Leadership for Architects course, you will be able to:
- Improve communication skills to assert the importance of the architect’s role in project teams
- Develop a stronger understanding of your own leadership strengths and identify opportunities to improve
- Apply leadership frameworks at the team and practice levels
- Understand the leaders’ role in the motivation and learning of team members
- Analyze situations to understand what type of leadership is required to meet objectives
- Identify how your leadership skills can improve creative teams and businesses
- Describe what leadership means in the context of the architecture profession
Russell Pollard, MBA Principal, Framework Leadership
Russell Pollard specializes in leadership and talent development. He has worked with architecture practices in Canada and the UK to improve their approaches to people and culture. He has developed Leadership for Architects for the RAIC; facilitated a workshop on promoting mentorship for the Society of Design Administration; and has spoken at the Alberta Association of Architects and at the Toronto Interior Design Show. Pollard serves on the board of the Society of Marketing Professional Services, Ontario as President-elect.
Pollard holds a Bachelor's in Interdisciplinary Leadership, Master of Business Administration and is pursuing a Certificate in Leadership and Inclusion.