Following a popular 2018 schedule, the RAIC is pleased to announce that the Project Management for Architects course, for those interested in the PMP®® Certification, will be taking place in additional cities across the country in 2019. Upcoming cities include: Toronto, Montreal and Victoria.
This two-part course will provide both project management knowledge in the context of architectural practice as well as prepare participants for the Project Management Institute’s PMP® certification exam. The course is divided over two sessions, two weeks apart, with each session running from the Thursday evening to Saturday afternoon (41 hours total).
The RAIC’s Project Management for Architects course will:
- Provide architectural interns, emerging practitioner, and emerging proprietors with a solid grounding in contemporary project management practices, tools and techniques.
- Prepare participants to write the Project Management Institute’s Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification exam.
The course will provide architectural interns, emerging practitioner, and emerging proprietors with a solid grounding in contemporary project management practices, tools and techniques, and prepare participants to write the Project Management Institute’s Project Management Professional (PMP)®certification exam.
At the completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Develop a project plan for a design project including work plan, schedule, bottom-up and top-down fee calculations, and risk management plan;
- Develop a stakeholder management plan for a design project;
- Relate architectural practice to the ten knowledge areas of contemporary project management body of knowledge, as described in PMI’s A Guide to the Project Management Body of knowledge (PMBOK®Guide);
- With additional study, write the Project Management Institute’s Project Management Professional (PMP)®certification exam.
Click here for a detailed course outline (PDF).
- Project management tools and templates for architectural practice;
- 35 hours of instruction plus a 6-hour practical workshop in which participants will learn to use the tools and templates;
- A premium PMP® certification exam preparation kit including textbook, study aids, online resources, and an online test question bank.
Velociteach’s ProQuip Premium PMP®Certification Exam study kit includes:
The PMP®Exam: How to Pass on Your First Try textbook
- Conversations on the PMP®exam
- Quick Reference Cards
- Testing App
- Pass the Exam: 35 hours of online modules with over 500 practice questions
- Online testing simulator
- Online Process Explorer
- Formula Sheets
Lunches will be provided on Friday and Saturday, with a dinner served on Friday evening. Coffee and tea will be served upon arrival and at morning and afternoon breaks.
Please identify special dietary accommodations at the time of registration.
Register for the Halifax SessionCLOSED
Register for the Winnipeg SessionCLOSED
- Toronto Session - Coming Soon!
- Montreal Session – Coming Soon!
- Victoria Session – Coming Soon!
Classes are limited to 30 participants.
This course is offered in English.
Donald Ardiel, B.Arch., MDE, OAA, MRAIC, PMP
Director, Practice Support/Director, Syllabus
Royal Architectural Institute of Canada
In addition to operating his own architectural practice for 20 years, Don Ardiel has developed and delivered project management programs, courses, and workshops for post-secondary institutions, architectural associations, and corporate clients. As the past-Director of Certification for the Project Management Institute’s South Western Ontario Chapter, Don helped hundreds of people prepare for the PMP®certification exam.
For additional information:
Telephone: 613-241-3600, ext. 202