Registration for the RAIC/OAA 2017 Festival of Architecture is now open!
Check out festival2017.raic.org for all the details
It takes place May 24-27 at the Westin Hotel, steps from Parliament Hill, the Byward Market and the Rideau Canal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The four-day event includes dozens of continuing education sessions, tours, an awards gala, social events, and fun networking opportunities. The full festival program is now available at festival2017.raic.org.
Special guests include:
Keynote speaker for the Foundation Lunch, Daniel Libeskind is an international figure in architecture and urban design. His projects include the Jewish Museum in Berlin, the master plan for the reconstruction of the World Trade Center site in Manhattan, and the National Holocaust Monument under construction in Ottawa.
Edward Mazria, Hon. FRAIC
Founder of Architecture 2030, Edward Mazria is an internationally recognized architect, author, researcher, and educator. Don’t miss his address at the plenary session on May 26.
Bilingual emcee of the Celebration of Excellence Awards Ceremony and Dinner, Catherine Clark is a nationally recognized broadcaster, public speaker and writer.
Delegates will have plenty to see and do in Ottawa during Canada’s big year, such as:
- Learn with more than 90 continuing education sessions and architectural tours;
- Connect with industry thought leaders, colleagues, specialists, and friends
- Celebrate excellence in the built environment at the President’s Dinner and Awards Gala on May 26;
- Recognize RAIC members and distinguished laypersons at the RAIC College of Fellows induction ceremony on May 25;
- Attend the Indigenous Architecture and Design Symposium on May 27 at the Wabano Centre; and
- Explore the national capital region’s many attractions including award-winning restaurants, historic sites, national museums and must-see architecture.