Members are invited to nominate candidates to stand for election for the positions of Regional Director of Alberta and the Northwest Territories, Regional Director of Saskatchewan, Regional Director of Quebec, Regional Director of the Atlantic, and Director representing Interns and Intern Architects. The term of office for each Director is three years, beginning July 1, 2021.
An individual is elected as a Director to represent the interests of the membership and advance the RAIC’s mandate. The responsibilities of Directors include attending RAIC Board meetings, advancing and committing to the RAIC mission, and setting the Institute’s direction and priorities.
The RAIC Board of Directors oversees the activities and affairs of the Institute. It is accountable to its members to follow federal, provincial, municipal laws and regulations and the Institute’s By-Laws.
- Only full RAIC members in good standing are eligible to nominate and be nominated.
- Candidates must be residents of the region in which they are nominated.
- Each candidate is required to be nominated by five members who are full RAIC members in good standing and reside in the region of the nomination.
- Only RAIC interns and intern architects members in good standing may participate in the call for nominations for the Director Representing Interns and Intern Architects.
Deadline: March 10, 2021, 8:00 p.m. (ET)
- The completed nomination form must be accompanied by a narrative statement of no more than 200 words from the candidate outlining the candidate’s background and reasons for standing for nomination. It must include a high-resolution headshot. These materials will be sent to voting members as part of the election process. They should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 8:00 p.m. (ET) on March 10, 2021.
- Election ballots, including a list of all candidates with their statements and photographs, will be emailed to members after the deadline for nominations has passed.
- The new director’s first virtual board meeting will be in September/October 2021.
The RAIC is committed to equity and inclusion and encourages anyone interested in the position to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
A reminder to renew your membership for 2021
If you would like to participate in the 2021 RAIC Election as a candidate or nominator but have not yet renewed your membership, you can renew online quickly and easily with a credit card or select the cheque option to be emailed an invoice.
You can also renew by phone at 1-844-856-RAIC (7242) ext 2000.