Seeking talented, dedicated AIBC registered Architect to join our team. Working for VDA you will be involved with a wide range of projects including multi-family, commercial, industrial, and recreational projects. We’re looking for a creative individual who can focus not just on great design, but can see the big picture of meeting our clients’ needs and working within the project budget and schedule. We’re looking for someone interested in advancing their career to an associate position with potential to share in ownership. Do you want to flex not only your design muscles but your business management skills too? Then this is the position for you.
We want someone who can lead a project from initial meeting with the client, understanding their design brief and determining fees, developing schematic designs that meet the client’s brief and fine-tuning them into a developed design. This senior person would direct and work within a team in preparing construction documents, develop specifications, and oversee site reviews and occupancy requirements.
VDA offices are centrally located in Victoria, just outside the downtown core, making for an easy commute from anywhere in the Capital Regional District.
• You will liaise with clients and municipal authorities in developing architectural design drawings, presentation drawings, and renderings.
• Use your excellent communication skills to make presentations to clients, Councils, and community groups.
• Apply your project management skills in directing team members in the production of construction and tender documentation, and be responsible for reviewing their work.
• Your strong analytical and problem solving skills will be put to use working with and coordinating the project, sub consultants, and client team members.
• An important part of your job will be to oversee staff in the development and completion of projects and represent VDA with Authorities and clients.
• AIBC Registered Architect.
• Minimum 5 years Canadian experience.
• Working knowledge of Federal and Provincial Building Codes.
• Proficient in AutoCAD and Sketchup.
• Revit experience not essential, but will be considered an asset.
• LEED certification an asset.
Send cover letter and resume in pdf format to email@example.com.
Please include some representative samples of work and references with your resume. Candidates may be expected to present a more complete portfolio of their work at the time of interview.
We thank you for your interest in working with VDA, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Incentives and Compensation:
Salary to be determined based on experience
Benefits including dental, extended health, disability, and life insurance available after 3 months of employment.
Lifestyle friendly hours 8:00am – 4:00pm, with minimal overtime
Continuing education support
Professional fees reimbursed