Who We Are
As a leading Canadian architectural practice, Zeidler designs meaningful spaces that contribute to the community and deliver lasting value. With offices in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and Victoria, we offer full architectural and interior design services.
Propelled by curiosity and driven by human connection, our creative process is based on cultivating the potential of our team. We nurture our expertise through mentorship and continuous learning. We listen to, consider, and build on each other’s ideas to develop thoughtful solutions that address complex challenges.
Our award-winning work spans a broad range of sectors including academic, healthcare, residential, mixed-use, commercial, cultural and civic. As we continue to grow our national practice, we are seeking talented individuals who embrace creative, passionate, and forward-thinking approaches to join our dynamic team.
What We Are Seeking
The Senior Project Architect is a management level position that will be responsible for organizing the project team in the coordination of all phases of the project from pre-design to site administration. The individual will take a leadership role in the consultant coordination, client relations and project communication. Our current portfolio of work includes local and international work in healthcare, academic, commercial/ retail, innovative office design and urban residential with a focus on sustainable design.
Role and Responsibilities
• Lead the project team to coordinate the timely completion of creative and/or technical and/or administrative tasks throughout the building design process from pre-design phase, programming, conceptual design, design development, contract documentation, tender phase and site administration to project completion
• Responsible for establishing, maintaining and adhering to project budget and schedule
• Take an active role in the creation of design concepts or client relations through the design process and consultant coordination through project development or contract documents and/or site administration under the supervision of the Partner in Charge
• Take a lead role in the development of contract drawing and specification procedures and direct the completion of design/contract documents to relevant office, development bylaw and building code standards
• Develop the practice of basic office administration procedures including the creation of relevant project documentation: minutes of meetings, transmittal of project material, applications to authorities etc. and filing systems by all project staff to organize of all related project information and correspondence
• Determine project and office management related activities including project scheduling and budget assessment, fee proposals, marketing RFP’s, the creation of work plans and the direction of project team members
What You Will Bring
• Degree in Architecture from a recognized post-secondary institution or equivalent preferred
• 10+ years in related architectural work and registered with AAA for a minimum of 10 years
• Assure project compliance with architectural office procedures and related architectural drawing standards
• Lead the building design process from conceptual design to contract documents and site administration
• Full knowledge of local construction systems and related detailing including the integration of sustainable building design criteria
• LEED® AP preferred
• Extensive experience with local city development and building permit process required
• Strong conceptual and design skills – creative drawing ability, 3D modeling and freehand sketch skills required
• Technical drawing ability – Revit and CAD required
• Ability to work in an open, collaborative workplace environment
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excels in a collaborative team environment
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
Benefits + Perks
Zeidler believes in a work-life balance and valuing our people with benefits like:
• PATO Days – enjoy an extra day off on long weekends
• Competitive compensation and benefits
• Annual profit share
• Flexible hours & a hybrid work from home model
• Wellness initiatives
• Training & education support
• Mentorship and continuous learning
• Social events
• Fun work environment and great firm culture… and so much more
What to do now
If you are a motivated, creative, and inspired individual who has the ambition to grow and enjoys working in a collaborative, exciting, and fast-paced environment surrounded by challenging opportunities, we would like to hear from you. Please apply here!
Zeidler is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants, and stand by our principles for a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome and we encourage applications from, but not limited to visible minorities, peoples with disabilities, racialized peoples, Indigenous peoples, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations throughout the interview process. We will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate.