We’re looking for an architectural writer, editor, and idea generator fueled by curiosity and with an eagerness to research, learn, and write about building science and building products.
At AEC Daily, you will work with the Director of Education and a team of writers and course developers to plan, organize, format, write, and edit meaningful, online continuing education serving US, Canadian, and global design professionals.
You will work with our clients, building product manufacturers, and organizations to create education that serves both their needs and the needs of the educational certifying bodies. You are able to listen to clients and generate ideas at the same time, extract meaningful information from subject matter experts, and understand and balance the needs of the client with the educational requirements of a course. You have excellent time management skills, meet your goals, and are well organized.
This is a work-from-home position with only occasional requirements to meet at our office in Newmarket, Ontario, although currently, all staff meetings are virtual.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven writing skills
- Professional degree in architecture, engineering, or other design profession
- At least 5 years’ experience in architectural or building design
- Ability to work on your own and meet deadlines
- Excellent research, communication, and time management skills
- Curiosity and desire to learn about all building science, architectural, and construction topics
- Exceptional grammar and proofreading skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Solid familiarity with PowerPoint
- A self-motivated team player
We thank everyone for taking the time to apply; only selected candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
AEC Daily is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace. We provide equal employment opportunity regardless of age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status (including single status), gender identity, gender expression, record of offences, sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding), and sexual orientation.
All employees currently work from home. All government guidelines are followed.