• Enjoy a good debate about technical details, even with your boss,
• Figure out how to fix things, not who to blame,
• Appreciate how important it is that a panda eats shoots and leaves,
• Have Googled a personal interest project way past bedtime.
• Recognize that work ethic, shared values and enthusiasm are as important as experience,
• Invest in employees’ professional development,
• Appreciate that you are a whole person with a family and hobbies, outside the workplace,
• Collaborate, communicate, and encourage,
• Ask what can be done better, and implement solutions,
• Hold high personal standards of integrity, professionalism, expertise and efficiency.
A day-in-the-life will include building code reviews and working closely with clients and their design teams to achieve their project goals. You will have time set aside to work with our EIT and junior team members to guide and review their work, and support their learning and growth. You will work on an interesting variety of commercial, residential, health care, and industrial projects with unique needs and challenges: our clients are currently building breweries, MRI suites, residential developments, museums, legal marijuana processing and alternative fuels production facilities!
This is a full-time position, with a 35 to 40-hour work week. You may choose to work in either our Vancouver or Victoria office.
Celerity Engineering will work with you to customize your competitive compensation and benefits package to ensure that our offer focuses on your unique motivations and work/life priorities.
We want to help you grow personally and professionally and are interested in hearing what you want to accomplish in the next five years. Please submit your cover letter and resume to Brian Fraser, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Professional Engineer or Architect, registered and in good standing in British Columbia or Alberta, with a special interest in building code,
• Knowledge of the British Columbia and National Building and Fire Codes, and the City of Vancouver Building Bylaw, and experience in their application,
• Knowledge of the Building Permit process in the various municipalities of the Greater Vancouver and Victoria areas is an asset,
• Have completed or interested in completing the AIBC/EGBC Certified Professional certification program.
Celerity Engineering is a growing firm that takes fire and life safety seriously. Established in 2012, Celerity Engineering has grown on the strength of our relationships with our valued clients. Over the past 7 years, we have capitalized on the capabilities of new team members to expand our services in the area of building and fire code consulting, and we’re on a roll with new projects from companies like STEMCELL Technologies, AVL, and the Vancouver Island Health Authority.
The following principles are important to us. If they are important to you, then let’s talk.
Needs Driven – We work with the client to determine how fire and life safety considerations affect their design and find innovative ways to meet building and fire code requirements while minimizing impact to their design and budget.
Clients as Partners – Our investment in our clients’ projects goes beyond the hours we spend on code review and reports. We use our experience with the various jurisdictions in BC to advise and guide projects through the building permit process. We are tremendously proud that 80% of our work comes from return clients and referrals, and we are grateful for their trust and collaboration.
Safety Above All – We will never compromise our most imperative consideration of all: safe buildings save lives. What is now a ‘Project’ will soon be a workplace; a home. In-depth knowledge of Building Codes and NFPA Standards, attention to detail, technically proficient design and application of the relevant codes, and stringent review will ensure that future workers and residents will be protected in emergency scenarios.