A highly creative award-winning firm in Victoria BC, MJM Architect Inc. provides a complete range of architectural services, from pre-design (such as feasibility studies and space planning) to
studies for evaluating property potential (including zoning analysis) and full scope design (interior, exterior, site). With a diversity of thoughtful and innovative projects, ranging from single and multifamily home to commercial and institutional, we pride ourselves in our ability to provide hands-on, client-focused services delivered with the highest degree of satisfaction, in a budget conscious and time efficient manner.
MJM Architect Inc. is committed to environmental stewardship through the core belief that gooddesign is sustainable. It is integral to the Firm's identity and a central component of our
commitment to excellence. Our extensive project portfolios exhibit these values through a demonstrated expertise in site sensitivity, efficient use of resources, energy conservation and a
conscientious approach to materials selection. Located in downtown Victoria on beautiful Vancouver Island, surrounded by the ocean and within close proximity to mountains, lakes and natural beauty, we are seeking a Senior Architectural Technologist to join our collaborative team. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of managing projects teams from conceptual design, including presentation drawings, through to consultant coordination, production of permit drawings and site reviews. Focusing on supporting Project team members, you will push for results by providing exceptional leadership. You will lead the systemization of the technical operations of the Firm.
At MJM Architect, we have realized the power of creating a people-centric organization and wevalue our employee’s happiness as much as the bottom line. We are a small team and we love
working and laughing together! Our employees have a voice, a sense of autonomy, space to grow and the knowledge of their work’s importance and greater purpose. It is critical that your
leadership style aligns with our values.
• Working closely with the Principal to produce schematic design, design development, and working drawings on a variety of project types and sizes
• Developing designs using VectorWorks and SketchUp, creating 3D photo-realistic renderings, and assisting in producing design presentations for client meetings.
• Converting design presentations into working drawings for building permit applications.
• Assisting in the development of architectural designs.
• Analyzing building codes, by-laws, space requirements, site requirements and other technical documents and reports.
• Preparing manual and CAD (computer-assisted design) drawings, specifications, cost estimates
and listings of quantities of material from conceptual drawings and instructions.
• Constructing architectural and display models, and 3D virtual models of architectural designs.
• Providing leadership and direction to our production team to contribute to our evolving technical
detail library and increasing our work efficiency.
• Providing input for our technical team’s employee evaluations and developmental plans.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Diploma in Architectural Technology, or a Bachelor Degree, with a minimum of 8 years
• 2-3 years demonstrated experience working with both SketchUp is A MUST.
• 6 years of demonstrated experience working with VectorWorks is A MUST.
• Understanding the value of customer service and ability to work with all types of personalities in
a professional manner.
• Must possess initiative and the ability to work independently.
• People management skills - ability to motivate employees to work towards a shared vision.
• A sense of humour will also serve you well.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
• Competitive wages.
• Flexible work hours and vacation time (our core hours are 9am to 3pm).
• Employee benefits plan after three months.
• Social responsibility initiative (get paid to volunteer for a cause close to your heart).
• Summer hours; you have the option of kicking back at 1pm on Friday during the summer months.
• Learning, development and advancement opportunities.
• No dress code and relaxed work environment.
If your passion for architecture is unparalleled, we want to hear from you.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org