Keewatin-Aski Ltd. is a team of experienced professionals practicing for over 30 years in Northwestern Ontario. We are seeking an ambitious, skilled Senior Architect to join our firm with a partnership option. We offer an opportunity to join a well established architectural and engineering practice strategically based in Northern Ontario. The successful candidate will work alongside like-minded professionals in a newly constructed collaborative workspace. Now in our 37th year of operation, we offer an attractive remuneration and benefits package commensurate with experience.
Required Education & Experience:
Professional degree in architecture from an accredited Canadian university or CACB certification; licensed membership with a provincial architectural association; ability to register as a licensed architect with the OAA. Minimum 10 years practicing in an architectural firm including a minimum of 5 years practice in Canada since licensure.
- Responsible for managing, coordinating, executing commercial, residential and institutional projects from the planning and conceptual stages through to contract document production, tendering and total construction completion.
- Attend / lead project and client meetings. Perform site reviews as necessary.
- Manage technical staff, drawing files, project schedules and coordinate work of other disciplines.
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to develop cohesive working relationships within a multi‐disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of building construction systems, constructability, detailing, materials, and industry associated standards.
- Time management and organizational skills, self-motivated, and ability to manage project teams while balancing multiple priorities/tasks.
- Excellent verbal, graphic and written communication skills.
- Ability to oversee the generation of design development and accurate detailed working drawings from unique project programs and technical requirements.
- Ability to write technical design reports, proposals and technical specifications.
- Skills in AutoCAD, Revit, MS Office, Excel, Sketchup and Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator.
- Well versed in the Ontario Building Code, National Building Code of Canada, Canadian building and energy standards, current barrier‐free standards, zoning by-laws, and construction permitting.
Apply to email@example.com