If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary. City employees operate the facilities, deliver the services and run the programs which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance and offer competitive wages, pension and benefits. Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
Reporting to the Public Realm Lead, the Project Manager will collaborate with Urban Strategy’s implementation team to manage the planning, design, and implementation of a diverse portfolio of public realm improvement projects. Primary duties include:
• Perform pre-design work, which includes: developing an initial vision and business case for the project, clearly defining the project scope, development of project plans and budgets, preparation and evaluation of Request for Qualifications and Proposals, and contract negotiations.
• Build public and corporate support for projects, which includes; liaising with business owners, developers and residents; overseeing public engagement materials; and collaborating with stakeholders.
• Perform and/or manage concept development, detailed design and contract documents which includes; preparation of site analysis reports, design concepts, master plans, specifications, cost estimates, tender packages, and supporting Supply and Procurement during the tender process.
• Manage the development and daily coordination on programs such as, Banners, Signal Box Wraps, Centre City Lighting Programs, and other initiatives.
• Provide in house design services on major capital projects for small capital projects and utilize design skills to develop effective, and captivating visual and written communications materials.
• Research, identify and develop technical reports and metrics for Implementation programs and projects.
• A degree in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Engineering or Urban Design with a minimum of 5 years experience OR;
• A graduate degree in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Engineering or Urban Design with a minimum of 3 years experience.
• Ability to prepare and review conceptual drawings and streetscape masterplans, detail drawing packages, design development drawings, construction and tender packages, public realm construction and specification and construction administration is required.
• Working knowledge of urban design principles, capital project delivery, and maintenance and operations will be considered an asset.
• Strategic thinker with the ability to problem solve in a professional manner and able to demonstrate reliable technical judgment and sound decision-making skills.
• Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Note: Please include a sample of your work in design, as part of the application.
Union: CUPE Local 38
Position Type: Temporary (up to 18 months)
Compensation: Pay Grade 11 $39.46 - $52.76 per
hour (compensation under review)
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Business Unit: Urban Strategy
Location: 800 Macleod Trail S.E.
Days of Work: This position works a 5 day work week
with 1 day off in a 3 week cycle.
Apply By: November 14, 2019
Job ID #: 302558