Who We Are
As a leading Canadian architectural practice, Zeidler designs meaningful spaces that contribute to the community and deliver lasting value. With offices in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and Victoria, we offer full architectural and interior design services.
Propelled by curiosity and driven by human connection, our creative process is based on cultivating the potential of our team. We nurture our expertise through mentorship and continuous learning. We listen to, consider, and build on each other’s ideas to develop thoughtful solutions that address complex challenges.
Our award-winning work spans a broad range of sectors including academic, healthcare, residential, mixed-use, commercial, cultural and civic. As we continue to grow our national practice, we are seeking talented individuals who embrace creative, passionate, and forward-thinking approaches to join our dynamic team.
What We Are Seeking
The Project Coordinator plays a key role in our project management team and is responsible for the coordination of resources and project activities, scheduling and ensuring project milestones are met. The Project Coordinator will be working directly with the Project Director and Project Managers on one of the firm’s most complex projects. Key responsibilities include:
- Support the implementation of the project management plan and monitor the implementation of the project financial controls.
- Assist in all communication with project stakeholders including contractors, consultants, and clients
- Distribute and coordinate project deliverables and schedules for all project stages, tracking and reporting as required
- Preparation and circulation of Purchase Orders, including updating of PIFs as required, as well as preparation of Scope Changes
- Lead project document control and exchange process, liaising with internal and external team members
- Log, distribute and maintain a schedule for milestone documentation, Shop Drawings, RFIs, Certificates of Payments etc.
- Attend internal project meetings; take and distribute minutes and follow up on important action items
- Work with Project Manager to correctly process closeout documents
- Monitoring contracts, subcontracts, change orders and other agreements to ensure that internal procedures are being followed
- Coordinate and/or create new project files
- Update Project Status Reports as required
- In conjunction with the Project Administrator, assembly and distribution (internally and externally) of project documentation and correspondence
- May be required to attend job site meetings with the Project Manager and/or the Project Director
What You Will Bring
- 5+ years of experience as a Project Coordinator on complex/large-scale Architectural, Engineering or Construction projects is essential
- A degree or a technical diploma in Architecture, Engineering or Construction management is required
- PMP certification is an asset
- In-depth understanding of project phases and processes
- Advanced client interaction skills, with the ability to influence and understand client needs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work effectively within a cross-functional team of Architects, Designers, Project Managers and Technologists
- Financial and business acumen
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe is required; proficiency in REVIT, Rhino and BlueBeam is preferred
Benefits + Perks
Zeidler believes in a work-life balance and valuing our people with benefits like:
- PATO Days – enjoy an extra day off on long weekends
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Annual profit share
- Wellness initiatives
- Training & education support
- Mentorship and continuous learning
- Social events
- Fun work environment and great firm culture… and so much more
What to do now
If you are a motivated, creative, and inspired individual who has the ambition to grow and enjoys working in a collaborative, exciting, and fast-paced environment surrounded by challenging opportunities, we would like to hear from you. Please apply here!
Zeidler is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants, and stand by our principles for a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome and we encourage applications from, but not limited to visible minorities, peoples with disabilities, racialized peoples, Indigenous peoples, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations throughout the interview process. We will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.