Please note that this is a contract position (up to 1 year) for a Maternity Leave Replacement.
Under the direction of the Director, Practice Support, the Program Officer (Practice Support and Education) is an architect or person with an architectural background who is responsible for planning and managing the programs, projects, and activities of the RAIC Program Office. The Program Officer will be engaged in key RAIC initiatives including the development of practice and education resources. The Program Officer will provide architectural expertise in a variety of applications and situations, and will be responsible for knowledge creation, development and sharing, grant applications and implementation, and research, and stakeholder management. She must work skillfully with the RAIC members and volunteers, providing a wide range of experience and knowledge.
• Program Office – Education
o Overall planning and scheduling of the continuing education calendar, under the Director
o Support professional development opportunities and coordinate the development of the RAIC’s continuing education courses and offerings, including budgets;
o Coordinate the work of subject matter experts developing course content for continuing education and credit courses;
o Develop the marketing and promotional planning for RAIC education initiatives;
o Facilitate in-person continuing education workshops and online webinar presentations;
o Act as a resource on continuing education and architectural education.
• Program Office – General
o Support RAIC educational initiatives including, but not limited to, diploma, certificate, and credit-based programs and courses;
o Provide background research on a wide range of contemporary architectural issues;
o Prepare briefing notes and interpretations of technical materials;
o With the support of other RAIC staff and key stakeholders, writing grant applications and assist with their implementation;
o Research and write reports, communiques, and technical content for communications pieces;
o Provide input to project budgets.
• Minimum undergraduate degree in a program of studies in architecture, architectural technology, or arts, or RAIC Syllabus Diploma. Master’s degree in architecture preferred;
• Possess a background in architectural practice. Registration or license as an architect in a Canadian jurisdiction is an asset;
• Experience in program and course development, and instruction in the adult professional development education setting is an asset;
• A minimum of three years’ experience demonstrating project management skills at a professional level, including a proven ability to facilitate the work of collaborators and volunteers;
• Strong editing and writing skills;
• A positive attitude toward knowledge development and sharing, member driven organizations, and program-centred focus;
• Strong interpersonal skills including the exercising of tact, discretion and judgment at all times and with all levels of stakeholders (colleagues, Board of Directors, volunteers, members, etc.);
• Demonstrated ability to produce high quality communications;
• Bilingual (English/French) preferred;
• Experience in national, non-profit organizations is an asset;
• Experience in rapid e-learning software and webpage development software an asset.
The position is located at the RAIC office in Ottawa, Ontario.
To apply please send your motivation letter and curriculum vitae to email@example.com