Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
AECOM Buildings + Places Canada (B+P Canada) is a vibrant and growing fully integrated team spanning architecture, all the building’s engineering disciplines, landscape architecture, urban planning, urban design, economics and asset management for design and infrastructure projects. Key markets include Transit and Municipal, Commercial, and Institutional clients in Justice, Education and Government.
AECOM is hiring a Managing Principal for Buildings+ Places design practice based in the Canadian province of Alberta or British Columbia Reporting to the Regional Business Line Leader, the Managing Principal will be responsible for driving the growth, strategy and sale of AECOM’s services for Buildings + Places within the two Provinces.
We are looking for someone with demonstrated creativity, foresight and mature judgment, someone capable of providing industry leadership across all market sectors within Buildings + Places. This person will lead the sales planning process for the business line across the region, ensuring the success and growth of the region and collaboration with other regions. The successful candidate can have an Architectural or Engineering background.
• Work in conjunction with the Regional Business Line Leader, national market sector leaders, and client account management leaders to grow profitable business and ensure financial success of the offices by developing and implementing strategic growth plans.
• Participate in the development of office growth and business development strategic plan in collaboration with Regional Business Line Leader, market sector leaders and client account managers.
• Advance the strategic direction of the offices, positioning the offices for sustained and continued profitable growth consistent within the context of the strategic plan.
• May also represent the company in Municipal, Provincial, and Federal group forums.
• Provides guidance and coaching to business development, market sector, account management and other sales support staff.
• Is a member of the regional management team, focused on optimizing the overall performance of the company in the local geographic area.
• Provides leadership for the geographic area by communicating the strategy and objectives of the organization and region.
• May be responsible for geographic area P&L including revenue generation, project margin achievement, DSO, G&A, project delivery, client satisfaction, staff utilization, safety, claims resolution and quality.
• Implements strategic plans and objectives of the organization as applicable to the geographic area.
Minimum Requirements :
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture/Engineering/Urban Planning (or related field).
• At least 10 years of relevant experience growing an architectural business, including 2 years of leadership experience.
• Demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education may be considered.
Preferred Qualifications :
• Bachelor’s, as well as Master’s Degree in Architecture/Engineering/Urban Planning (or related field).
• Member of Architecture/Engineering/Urbanism Professional or Technical Society in the two provinces.
• Proven record of developing new Architecture/Engineering/Urban Planning clients in their local geography.
• Ability to discern new Architecture/Engineering/Urban Planning markets and develop business in those sectors.
• Expertise in the practical application principles and technology.
• Core competencies in professional staff development and retention are critical.
• Ability to perform individually in a competitive environment.
• Superior ability to satisfy clients and manage company’s association with them.