AECOM is seeking a Lead Public Safety Architect with experience and interest working on Public Safety Market Sector projects to join our team. This position is based out of any of the following offices, with options for remote work: Kitchener, ON; Markham, ON; Whitby, ON; Mississauga, ON; Burnaby, BC; Toronto, ON; Edmonton, AB; Calgary, AB offices.
Have you been part of a team successfully delivering public safety projects and are now looking for that opportunity to lead a team?
We’d like to hear from you.
Due to continuing success in the Public Safety Sector, AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Lead Architect with passion and experience in Fire, Police Stations, Paramedic facilities, Courthouses, Detention facilities, Embassy and Consular work and Border Crossings to be responsible for architectural design of these types of projects within Ontario and across Canada.
We are searching for a dynamic person who is creative and enjoys working within a strong multi-disciplinary group. This individual must be a licensed Architect with the OAA (or eligible to be licensed) and be interested in specializing in this rewarding market sector.
This position has significant expected growth within the AECOM organization.
Responsibilities include client communication, consultant coordination, design development, drawing review and contract administration.
Further responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• As a design team lead, will produce creative, functional and innovative designs for Public Safety clients and collaborate with management on preparation of project proposals and feasibility studies
• Provide support to the Architectural Manager on all phases of building design projects as required and assist in growing this sector
• Leading a team in the preparation of detailed architectural designs and specifications
• Meet with clients to discuss potential new work and/or review project requirements
• Preparation of design and contract documents, document checking, manage construction review and contract administration throughout the duration of a project
• Communicate with construction team to provide information and solve problems
• Communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization
Minimum Requirements :
• Bachelor's Degree in Architecture
• Architectural experience working for Public Safety clients
• Must be a Licensed Architect with the OAA and/or other Provinces, with OAA eligibility
Preferred Qualifications :
• Demonstrated strong creativity in design
• Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills
• Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
• Ability to work on a number of projects simultaneously in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team environment
• LEED certification and project experience is a strong asset
• Thorough knowledge of building systems and construction detailing
• Strong, hands-on technical knowledge, document review, consultant coordination and experience in field review and contract administration
• Exceptional technical knowledge of building construction and the Ontario Building Code
• Company will not cover expenses associated with any relocation for this position
• Company unable to facilitate work Sponsorship for this position
• AECOM encourages, but does not require, its employees to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. However, this position may require work on a project or a work site, which requires workers to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be required.
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world. Come join us.