Merrick Canada is seeking an OAA Architect or Intern Architect to support design services in our Ottawa, Ontario office.
The creative, analytical, and detail oriented person will support architectural design solutions as part of a multidisciplinary team for our clients in the Life Sciences, Nuclear, and National Security markets. Under the guidance of senior architects, the person will interact with clients to determine and define project requirements, will model complex facilities and produce plans, details, and specifications, perform construction site inspections, and work with other design and construction professionals to deliver high integrity building solutions.
The candidate shall have the following skills and experience:
- Candidate shall have a professional architecture degree certified by the CACB suitable for licensure as an Architect in the Province of Ontario or recognized equivalency. The candidate will be expected to obtain OAA licensure at the earliest opportunity. Current, full OAA licensure is an advantage.
- Candidate shall have a working knowledge of current building codes and contemporary methods of heavy commercial, institutional and industrial construction. Knowledge of laboratory codes and international design standards is an advantage.
- Candidate shall be knowledgeable of all aspects of general architectural practice including planning, programming, schematic design, production of construction documents (drawings and specifications), and construction administration.
- Laboratory design and construction knowledge is an advantage.
- Candidate shall be knowledgeable in the capabilities of BIM software.
- Candidate shall be proficient in the use of REVIT and AutoCAD.
- Candidate shall have good verbal and writing skills and be able to interact effectively with clients and other employees and must have strong oral presentation skills.
- Candidate must be able to travel and must possess a current passport. It is anticipated that this may include some international travel.
- Client projects for this position require Canadian Citizenship
- Candidate must possess or be willing and able to obtain Government of Canada Secret level clearance.
- Preference will be given to candidates with two (2) or more years of experience in the practice of architecture.
- Requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
- Be able to work in an environment with open discussions and visitors without getting distracted.
- May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Apply online only. No e-mail, hard copy or third-party resumes accepted.
Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes RRSP, and unique work-life benefits.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age 40 and over, color, disability, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.