Merrick Canada is seeking an OAA Architect to support design services in our Ottawa, Ontario office.
The creative, analytical, and detail-oriented person will support architectural design solutions as part of a multidisciplinary team for our clients in the Life Sciences market. Under the guidance of senior architects, the person will interact with clients to determine and define project requirements, will model complex facilities and produce plans, details, and specifications, perform construction site inspections, and work with other design and construction professionals to deliver high integrity building solutions. The individual will be assigned various projects including direct support for the Laboratories Canada project which is underway with the PSPC.
The candidate shall have the following skills and experience:
• Candidate shall be registered with OAA and be close (WITHIN 1 YEAR) to receiving a professional architecture degree certified by the CACB suitable for licensure as an Architect in the Province of Ontario. The candidate will be expected to obtain OAA licensure at the earliest opportunity. Current, full OAA licensure is an advantage.
• Candidate shall have a working knowledge of current building codes and contemporary methods of heavy commercial, institutional and industrial construction. Knowledge of laboratory codes and international design standards is an advantage.
• Candidate shall be knowledgeable of all aspects of general architectural practice including planning, programming, schematic design, production of construction documents (drawings and specifications), and construction administration.
• Laboratory design and construction knowledge is an advantage.
• Candidate shall be able to integrate various applied science practices which apply to science laboratory design.
• Candidate will assist in laboratory architectural database development.
• Candidate will participate in design workshops with clients and colleagues.
• Candidate shall be proficient in the use of REVIT and AutoCAD.
• Candidate shall have excellent English verbal and writing skills and be able to interact effectively with clients and other employees and must have strong oral presentation skills.
• Candidate must be able to travel nationally.
• Candidate must possess or be able to obtain Government of Canada Secret level clearance.
• Preference will be given to candidates with three (3) or more years of experience in the practice of architecture.
• The job requires the ability to sit for extended periods at a computer workstation.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This job operates in a professional office environment.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, scanners, and plotters.
Apply on line only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; RRSP, unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute. We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by federal, provincial, or local law. Merrick & Company welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please apply directly at https://careers-merrick.icims.com/jobs/1908/laboratory-architect-i/job?i...