Who We Are
As a leading Canadian architectural practice, Zeidler designs meaningful spaces that contribute to the community and deliver lasting value. With offices in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and Victoria, we offer full architectural and interior design services.
Propelled by curiosity and driven by human connection, our creative process is based on cultivating the potential of our team. We nurture our expertise through mentorship and continuous learning. We listen to, consider, and build on each other’s ideas to develop thoughtful solutions that address complex challenges.
Our award-winning work spans a broad range of sectors including academic, healthcare, residential, mixed-use, commercial, cultural and civic. As we continue to grow our national practice, we are seeking talented individuals who embrace creative, passionate, and forward-thinking approaches to join our dynamic team.
What We Are Seeking
The Job Captain participates in preparing our Revit models and drawings sets while playing an active role in the coordination of our internal team and assists the Project Manager with consultant model coordination. The key role of this position is to produce, manage, and coordinate construction documentation with a focus on quality control and design excellence.
The successful applicant will bring passion, leadership, and creativity to the role and will have design development experience and a solid technical background including demonstrated ability to work in Revit, AutoCAD and 3D modeling software. Our current portfolio of work includes local and international work in healthcare, innovative office design, and urban residential with a focus on sustainable design.
Role and Responsibilities
• Participate and continue to grow within the Project Management team at Zeidler.
• Manage teams and project work, to produce innovative, technically sound, and well-designed projects.
• Involvement with team members to focus on overall project quality control.
• Participate in meetings, proposals, and presentations.
• Maintaining the firm’s excellent industry reputation through the delivery of high-quality technical drawings
• Contribute to the synergy between the Toronto, Calgary, and West Coast offices.
What You Will Bring
• Architectural Technologist Diploma or Degree/ master’s degree in architecture
• 6-8 years of related experience, with at least 2 years experience as a Job Captain
• Proficiency in Revit and Bluebeam is essential
• Proficiency in Revisto, AutoCAD, Sketchup, Navisworks would be considered an asset, but not required
• Strong conceptual and design skills
• Intellectually curious and a willingness to learn and take accountability for your role
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excels in a collaborative team environment
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
Benefits + Perks
Zeidler believes in a work-life balance and valuing our people with benefits like:
• PATO Days – enjoy an extra day off on long weekends
• Competitive compensation and benefits
• Annual profit share
• Flexible hours & a hybrid work from home model
• Wellness initiatives
• Training & education support
• Mentorship and continuous learning
• Social events
• Fun work environment and great firm culture… and so much more
What to do now
If you are a motivated, creative, and inspired individual who has the ambition to grow and enjoys working in a collaborative, exciting, and fast-paced environment surrounded by challenging opportunities, we would like to hear from you. Please apply here!
Zeidler is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants, and stand by our principles for a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome and we encourage applications from, but not limited to visible minorities, peoples with disabilities, racialized peoples, Indigenous peoples, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Please let us know if you require any accommodations throughout the interview process. We will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate.