Solares Architecture designs energy efficient custom homes that are sustainable, comfortable & delightful. Our goal is to design homes that use 90% less energy than the typical Canadian home while remaining within typical custom home budgets. We believe that this can best be achieved through airtightness, super-insulation, and passive solar orientation.
We are looking for an energetic and skilled Intern Architect, Technologist, Designer, or Recent Architecture Grad to join our team working full-time at our Toronto office.
In this role, you will produce, check, and coordinate construction drawings for numerous projects. The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
Be an advanced user of Revit Architecture.
- Preference given to candidates who have the Autodesk Certified Professional in Revit for Architectural Design designation
Candidates must have the following skills:
- Modelling topographic surfaces from imported CAD data
- Producing presentation and construction drawings utilizing all available parametric and 3D drawing tools
- Creating and modelling new Revit families
- Creating new render ready materials including custom hatch patterns
- Managing phased projects and associated drawing sets
- Have had some architectural work experience.
- Have a strong understanding of single-family residential construction practices.
- Be adept at multitasking and managing multiple projects at once.
- Be interested in a long-term position within this growing practice.
- Knowledge/experience with sustainable design practices is an asset.
- Be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 by the start of employment.
Applications must include your CV, a Revit model that best demonstrates your skills and understanding of the software, and a Portfolio of construction documents that demonstrates your proficiency of residential/sustainable construction.
Interested candidates should respond via email to Christine Lolley firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this opportunity, but regret that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Christine Lolley, OAA
Solares Architecture – LNWY
1113 College Street
Toronto, ON, M6H 1B5
416 533 8374 x101