MMMC Architects is a progressive design firm specializing in seniors’continuum-of-care including independent and retirement living, supportive housing, long-term care and hospice; healthcare including community health centres; mid-rise residential and educational projects including elementary schools and post-secondary buildings. MMMC utilizes BIM for all projects. Projects in progress are located from London to Ottawa, Ontario. MMMC has studios in Brantford and Waterloo.
Applications are invited for the following position in the Brantford Studio
As Intern Architect you will closely align with Project Architects to become fully integrated into project teams and the design process. With the goal of capturing a broad range of experience, the Intern Architect will participate in the entire life cycle of a project including:
- Part of the team to develop conceptual studies, schematic design, presentations and promotion materials.
- Assisting senior staff in the preparation of design documents, permit documents and promotional materials
- Participation in site and office contract administration functions
- Participation in client meetings
It is expected that the level of supervision by senior staff will reduce as expectations and skills are developed. This team style offers the successful candidate a professional and collaborative work environment supporting the accumulation of OAA Intern to Architect experience hours leading to licensure.
- Graduate of professional Architecture degree program (B. Arch., M. Arch.) or an RAIC Diploma in Architecture.
- Registered with or ability to register as an Intern Architect with OAA in the Internship to Architecture Program (IAP)
- A good working knowledge of BIM platforms (i.e. ArchiCAD or Revit)
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize
- Exceptional communication skills
- Self-starter with a penchant for detail
- Base Salary commensurate with experience.
- Potential for Merit Bonus after 1 year contingent on performance.
- Overtime can be banked or paid out
- Health and Dental Benefit Plan, upon successful completion of 3-month probation period.
- Employer mentorship with OAA Intern to Architect program, and compensation including direct cost of OAA admission course, ExAC exams, paid time to write as well as mileage.
- If asked to drive for the office (i.e. meetings) the current mileage rate is $0.50/km
Please forward CV and portfolio via email to email@example.com
MMMC Architects thanks all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.