CYNC Architecture is a growing, small(ish)-sized practice working across multiple sectors in Southern Alberta & BC. We approach each project with an open mind, bringing fresh ideas and continued professionalism to our practice which has aided to make us a preferred provider to some of Calgary’s premier commercial/industrial property owners and managers. Our boutique Calgary based studio is a place that fosters open communication, creativity, respect with staff and clients alike.
We are currently seeking an Intern or newly registered Architect to join us as an integral part of our studio. The ideal candidate will be an energetic, innovative professional interested in fostering strong and healthy relationships in local markets and contributing their design and technical talents to our collaborative team. The successful candidate will work closely with the principal and the rest of the team and provide direction and support through all project phases. This opportunity is ideal for a highly organized individual who is detail oriented and can assume increasing responsibility for projects.
How you’ll contribute to the team:
• Participate in all phases of project development – schematic design to contract administration and close-out.
• Coordinate the development of drawings and specifications.
• Provide leadership, mentorship, and direction to production team in the development of in-house methodologies (design, technical, quality, and project management standards) to progress the firm and our architectural work.
• Attend regular meetings with clients, contractors, and other sub-consultants.
• Support the team to prepare proposals in response to RFP’s.
• Develop and manage client relationships.
Who you are:
• Professional Degree in Architecture from an accredited University or equivalent.
• Registration with the AAA as an Intern Architect (or Architect), or eligibility for registration.
• Minimum 3-5 years architectural design and production.
• Full proficiency with AutoCAD, Revit, Sketch-Up, MS Office and Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Enscape)
• Strong leadership skills: duties include supervising/mentoring junior architectural technologists and fellow team members.
• Candidates must be able to navigate projects with minimal supervision, managing and directing teams as required with the help of the principal and other team members, coordinate with subconsultants, and work directly with clients from time to time.
• Local experience would be a strong asset.
• Commercial, retail and housing experience would be considered an asset.
• Effective verbal, written and graphic communication skills.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a resume and work samples to the Gordon Murray at email@example.com . Please include your resume and a compact portfolio as a representative sample of your work (no larger than 10MB please).