EVOQ is a recognized leader in heritage conservation, contemporary design and architecture in Inuit and First Nations communities. As part of our firm’s ongoing development, we are looking for an Intermediate Heritage Architect for our office in Ottawa.EVOQ strives to foster a positive learning environment and a collaborative workshop spirit to encourage employees to develop their skills and share their knowledge with their peers. Culture, history and technology underpin EVOQ’s architectural approach. Diversity, respect and work-life balance round out the firm’s culture and make EVOQ a rewarding place to work.
The ideal candidate would possess 5 years of relevant experience and a strong interest in the existing buildings to help build and serve our Ottawa practice.
If you are interested in a dynamic environment, facing new and diverse challenges and want to be part of a fast-paced company, don’t miss this opportunity and join our team!
- Undertake historical and background research
- Conduct existing building condition surveys and reports.
- Participate in all phases of project development
- Prepare contract/construction documents
- Identify and solve technical problems
- Coordinate plans and specifications with other consultants and stakeholders
- Participate in the management of the team and consultants
- Conduct site review and contract administration
- Contributes to the preparation of offer of services, project schedules and cost estimates
- Registered Architect in ON (active member of the OAA)
- Post professional degree in Heritage Conservation or 5 years of practice in the field
- At least 5 years of work-related experience in contract document production, in site review and contract administration.
- Computer skills: AutoCAD, Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat; and familiarity with Photoshop, InDesign, Revit.
- Knowledge of building codes, historic and contemporary building envelope design, building materials and specifications.
- Strong technical knowledge in construction detailing.
- Professional fluency in spoken and written English.
- Bilingualism (French/English) would be an asset.
- Autonomous and proactive.
- Rigorous, well organized.
- Quick learner
- Team player
- Effective communicator
Working conditions and environment
- Flexible working hours
- Work location: Ottawa
- Competitive salary based on experience
- A full range of benefits
- Company-paid OAA membership dues
- Dynamic and stimulating work environment
- An enviable employee training program focused on developing identified competencies.