Looking for a place to flex your design skills and make a real difference with your work? Looking to play a key role in a cooperative team that shares your values and supports your growth?
Look no further - The Architect Builders Collaborative Inc. [TABC] is looking for you! We are currently seeking an Intermediate Designer or Architectural Technologist with 3+ years experience to contribute to the growth of our green team.
You will share our belief that Architects and Designers have a key role to play in building a more inclusive, sustainable society. Our focus is on designing & facilitating beautiful, cost-effective, low carbon buildings that contribute to making a better City for all to enjoy. Through the creative adaptive reuse of older buildings, enhancing accessibility for all, creating new low carbon homes and socially inclusive spaces we dedicate our work to making a real difference in our Clients and our fellow citizens lives. We strive to create and renovate green buildings that nurture the human spirit in collaboration a wide range of equally passionate Clients and Consultants.
Project related work [90%]
- Assist the Lead Architect with the design and completion of construction documents for a variety of projects
- Ensure that TABC standards of work and service are met
- Participate in Client meetings & communications
- Work collaboratively with other team members
- Assist with the coordination of Consultants work
- Assume progressive responsibility for completion of smaller projects in accordance with your abilities
Business Development support [10%]
- Participate in marketing efforts & project pursuits
Full-time permanent position with opportunities to grow with the firm
- Flexible mix of work between home and our beautiful Leslieville studio
- Family-friendly (and pet-friendly) culture
- Strong social justice and environmental shared values
- Advanced BIM (Archicad) work environment
- Mutually supportive of everyones professional development
- A passion and understanding for green design
- 3+ years professional experience in a design, or technical role in an Architect's office
- Experience working in small teams to deliver projects on schedule
- Comfortable working with multiple priorities
- A professional degree in Architecture or Design
- Demonstrated experience in at least one of our core areas: Interiors, Adaptive Reuse, Low Carbon design, Supportive Housing
- Experience working with the OBC and local planning approvals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A commitment to your own professional growth
- Competitive compensation including base salary, profit sharing plan, generous vacations, and Paid Personal Time Off
- Opportunities to work with a range of committed Clients in the non-profit and private sector on a range of project scales
- Support for your professional development and ongoing growth with in-house mentoring
- Flexible, family-friendly work arrangements
- Being part of a team that support and nurture each other
- Knowing your talents are making a positive difference in people's lives
We value Diversity in our Workplace:
At The Architect Builders Collaborative, we believe that diversity supports great design. We welcome people of all backgrounds, gender, and abilities who want to help find solutions to climate change through making great green buildings.
For more information, and to apply for this position, please visit www.tabc.ca/careers or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please no phone calls.